Chapter 10

Mikes Pov:

"Will? Will hello? Will?" I said desperately. Shit shit shit. Vecna got into his mind. He's going to
kill my will. I can't let this happen. I can't.

"LUCAS! MAX!" I yelled hoping one of them would come up. After about a minute Lucas came running up the stairs but Max wasn't with him.

"Where's Max??" I asked. I thought she was still here with Lucas.

"She went to help El. So it's just the 3 of us right now. Well.. technically 2 of us.. I see." Lucas said but he said the last part hesitantly.

"Lucas. We need to get him out of the trance. Please." I said more desperate than ever.

"Mike, he's going to be fine. El will save him. Also.. are you and Will... ya know?" Lucas asked quietly.

"Well um- yeah. Kinda. I think? I don't know. We haven't made anything.. official." I said. I really wanted us to be official but if Will died then that would never happen.

"Ok.. Well just know that i'll always support both you and Will. You'll always be my best friends." Lucas said putting a hand on my shoulder and smiling.

"Thank you, Lucas. That really does mean a lot to me and I'm sure it would also mean a lot to Will too." I said smiling back a bit.

El's Pov:

I was about to get into the bathtub. Max told me that Lucas had texted her that Will was in a trance because of One. I had to save him. He was my best friend and also my brother. Also, him and Mike definitely have something going on. That's why I broke up with him. SO. MUCH. TENSION. Of course I'm a little sad but it's alright. I'll be happy for them if they do get together.

"You ready El?" Max asked me. She was really pretty.

"Yes." I said putting the googles with duct tape on them on. I climbed into the bathtub. This was it.