Chapter 9

Mike's Pov:

I really didn't want Will to do this. I couldn't lose him. We just admitted our feelings and we haven't even had a chance to make us official or let him know just how much I care about him. We were standing up and Will was sitting down on the floor.

"I think I'm ready." Will said taking a deep breath and looked back at me. I slowly nodded and he turned back around taking another deep breath.

"Vecna. I think- I think you should take me. I will join you. I deserve it. I'm a mistake. I don't deserve to live anymore. Take me. Please. I don't want to feel anymore guilt or- or feel anything anymore!" I shouted. I again. had tears in my eyes. I was about to cry. But then, there was something that surprised me.

"Wow, are you that selfish Will?" Mike asked looking at me with anger in his eyes.

"W- what?" I asked trembling.

"You're a selfish asshole, Will. I can't believe you would think I could ever actually like you. You're a mistake Will. That's all you'll ever be." Mike said with his voice getting deeper and scarier. No. That wasn't Mike. That wasn't Mike. It was...

Vecna.

"Stop. Stop! T- That's not true! Mike likes me I know he does just please stop!" I screamed.

"What's wrong, William? I thought you wanted to join me." Vecna said getting closer.

"NO!" I yelled and started to run.

Find a happy memory. Find a happy memory.

Those were the 4 words that kept replaying in my head over and over again as I was running. I could hide from Vecna in a happy memory. At least that would buy me some time. I ran and ran. Until, I was there. A happy memory.

It was Mikes basement. Where our D&D game was set up from before I went missing. That was one of the last time I was truely happy before all of this started. I was with my best friends and the boy I've always had a crush on.