@spiker648

Wattpad Username: spiker648

Books they have available on the Wattpad account:
Phantheon
Red Threads
Blackthorn: Book 1 - The Forest of the Grey King

Go give them a follow if you haven't already!

1. What genre/s do you love reading?
I read almost exclusively fantasy (and manga). It's a pretty even split between pure fantasy, like the Seven Realms series, and urban fantasy, like the Percy Jackson series.

2. What genre/s do you love writing?
I write what I read - fantasy. Though my writing is mostly urban fantasy, since it's a lot easier to make a story when you don't also have to explain the entire world it takes place in. My next project is going to be my first dive into a full-on fantasy story, with my own races and lore and such, but for now it's all urban fantasy.

3. Who inspired you to write?
I've always had an overactive and vivid imagination. When I was younger (around 8-11) I loved reading because I could picture everything so clearly. If I had to pick one author that really inspired me to write, it would have to be Emily Rodda. Her Deltora Quest series was my favorite for the longest time, and even now it's among my top 3 series of all time. The first story I conceived was VERY  similar to those stories.

4. Would you consider a career in writing? Please elaborate on whether you would or wouldn't.
To me, it would be a dream come true to get paid to write. I love doing it so much, and earning a living doing it would be amazing. But honestly? I would get burnt out way too quickly if it was my full time career. I'd get a lot done in the first week, then never get anything done again. So I think even if and when I get published one day, writing will always be a hobby for me.

5. Do you have any other hobbies outside of writing?
Oh god, this is a loaded question. Let's see...I play a lot of trading card games, including Flesh and Blood, Cardfight Vanguard, Yugioh, Pokemon, Futurecard Buddyfight, and Caster Chronicles. I'm both a player and DM in weekly DnD games. I sculpt with clay, as well as build, paint, and play with Warhammer 40k models. In the past I've dipped my toe in voice acting, creating video games (almost finished one but couldn't get that last burst to the finish), mixed music, tried to create my own board game and TGC, and of course let's not forget reading. I have too many hobbies...

6. How old were you when you wrote your first book?
First started writing when I was 9 years old. But I jumped around from story to story so much that I never got anything done. I finished my first story when I was 17, but never posted it. The first book I posted I finished when I was 20.

7. Who is your favourite Wattpad author/s?
I've got such a backlog of IRL books I need to get through that I've actually forbidden myself from buying any more or getting too far into any stories online until I catch up with them. I've only broken that rule once - Shadowkitty's "The Dungeon Crawler's Academy". The first chapter is suuuuper long, but I guarantee it's worth the read.

8. How do you deal with negative reviews on your book/s?
Honestly, I've yet to have any negative reviews. That's not a brag - I just haven't had any reviews yet. I only share my work directly with 1 person, and I don't post my wattpad around to people I know that much. But I'm generally pretty good with negativity, so I think I'll be able to handle it okay.

9. If you would write a book about your life, what would be the book's title?
"And then there was this asshole"

10. What's the hardest thing about becoming an author?
For me it's getting published. I've been writing for years - almost 2 decades now - and everything else is easy enough to learn. You can always look up proper grammar and spelling, there are a thousand videos on youtube about prose and how to chose first person vs third person. But finding a publisher you can trust? Nigh impossible.

11. How has writing affected your life?
I can say without exaggeration that writing saved my life. There was a point in my life where I was so depressed that I didn't know how to carry on. Writing is what I did when I needed an escape from the world. No matter what was going on IRL, my stories were as far from them as I could possibly go. And eventually things started to turn around for the better.

12. Do you prefer writing Mature content or not? Why or why not?
I do to an extent. I've been told I have quite the talent for writing smut, but it's not my favorite thing to write. I do enjoy fight scenes though - I steer away from excessive blood and gore, but of course I stay realistic where I can.

13. What would you like to say to your readers?
You people exist? I joke of course - I just hope anyone who reads my work enjoys it, and that my writing can help you the same way it's helped me. That's always been my end goal with writing - I just want to share my inner world with anyone who might need it.

The following questions are based on one book:

A. What book are you most proud of and what genre is it?
There are two stories I've never posted that are very dear to my heart for various reasons. But the one I'm most proud of would have to be Pantheon. It's urban fantasy (of course), and mixes a lot of myths and legends from all around the world. I'm particularly proud of how well I managed to get some parts to fit together while sticking as close as I can to the real world legends.

B. If you could meet the characters in this book, what would you say to them?
Dear Oliver; grow a pair, my GOD. I get that I literally threw you into every uncomfortable and terrifying situation I can, especially for such a hardcore introvert. But seriously, stand up for yourself every now and then.

C. Is there a character in this book you feel connected? If so, in what way do you feel connected with them?
Marcus, the main antagonist. He's a huge troublemaker - though, my nonsense doesn't get as violent as his. But he has only the best intentions, even though he's going about things all wrong. Going back to the last question; Marcus, my dude. You deserve what happens to you. But it gets better in book 2. #It'sATeaserNotASpoiler

D. If you were placed in this book, what character do you think you'd be best friends with and why?
In this book, probably Jake and Marcus. Both have a bit of a rough exterior - for obvious reasons once you find out who they are - but once you get past that, they're basically marshmallows. Well, Jake is. Marcus is just bull headed and Nordic.