Steve x Reader: Wedding war zone

A/N: hello everybody,just a quick note, if you notice I dared to give a name to Steve's mom so that I don't have to repeat one phrase only. I hope you don't mind! Don't forget to vote and comment! Love you guys <3

Word count: 2.8k

Everything around was pure chaos. You'd probably think that there was another supernatural creature that has taken Hawkins as its target, but it wasn't that. The cause for the so called chaos was the tension created by Y/N's mother and Mrs. Harrington while they were arranging her's and Steve's wedding. The thing was, none of the two women ever came to Y/N or her fiance to even talk about the wedding. The moment they found out about the engagement and saw the shiny diamond on the girl's finger they had gone crazy over planning the best wedding imaginable, only that it wasn't the young couple's dream wedding but more like theirs. Their crazy obsession wasn't enough so they ended up hiring one of those wedding planners that were just starting to get popular. That's how everyone's everyday lives were conquered by the weddingzila  trio,as Y/N and Steve called them as an inside joke between the two of them.

Every day, from the moment she got out of bed and gave Steve his goodbye kiss before he went to work Y/N was being swept by her mother and future mother-in-law to go wedding dress shopping, look at decorations,pick colors,flowers and wedding invitations. The only thing she managed to keep away from them was the dress that she picked from the hundreds that she'd probably tried on untill now. Y/N told them on the first day that no matter how many dressed she tries and how many shops they take her to,the final choice will be hers and hers only and they would get to see the dress on the wedding they as everyone else present.
  Her and Steve didn't even want a big wedding, they could've gone with a small ceremony with closest family and friends at the backyard of their house. With everything that had happened during their teenage years the only thing the two wanted was to enjoy this intimate moment with loved ones , not with extended family members that they have met when they were only and infant and don't even remember their full names. At first the two though it was good to be nice for someone else to plan the wedding but that changed when the two mothers started talking about white pigeons, music bands and other unimaginable things. Neither Steve or Y/N had the heart to tell their mothers to stop and leave them to do their own thing. Steve,the poor man, had grown up in unhappy family and seeing his mother finally have a smile on her face about something made the process of telling her no even harder. Y/N's mom was another case, she was quite controlling ever since she could remember. Every single prom she went to, her mother picked her dress, every piece of clothing she bought, her mother had to approve of it first, every major decision in her life was made by her mother. Mrs. Y/L/N had no bad intentions towards her daughter and only wanted the best for her little girl even if that meant being suffocating sometimes.

Everything started going downhill one day when Steve got home to a living room full of samples for fabrics for the chairs that were going to be put at the wedding. His and Y/N's mom and Cheryl,the wedding planner in a full heated conversation while the poor girl was sitting on a chair in the kitchen, a glass of wine in one hand,the other one massaging her aching head muscles.
"Hello love." Said Steve as he sneaked his hand from behind her, enveloping his beautiful finance in a big hug, giving her a couple of kisses on her neck before making her turn around to get a better look at her. "How's your day going?" He added.

"I wish for the ground to open and just swallow me whole. Steve,the last few days have been worse than anything else I've had to go through ever since they started planning our wedding." Answered Y/N as she hid her head in Steve's shoulder, seeking the comfort she needed the most right now.

"Oh love, I wish I could do something. You've seen how our previous attempt ended up. They are like hungry animals who protect their food and are ready to shred everyone that comes near them to pieces." Said Steve as he kissed his fiance's soft forehead.