Steve x Reader: Waffles

"Waffle."

That was what awakened Steve early in the morning. The man was sound asleep on his stomach, hair all over the pillows as he was quietly snoring. That was until he felt a movement by his side.

Turning slowly on his back he was met with one of his favorite scenes ever. His lovely girlfriend was still asleep, laying on her back with her one hand above her head and the other one over Steve's back,and judging by what he had heard she was dreaming about waffles. One of her favorite foods.

A small smile found its way on Steve sleepy face. He rubbed his eyes to shake away the sleepiness, deciding to enjoy this quiet and lovely moment by admiring the peaceful state his girl was in.

It was a Saturday so that meant the two of them had the day off, and Steve planned spending every single minute of it with Y/N.

"You love your waffles, don't you baby." He whispered as he watched her sleep peacefully, still unaware that he was awake and watching her.

"I'll get you waffles, baby." He added before carefully leaning over her sleeping form and pressing a soft kiss on her forehead which made the girl slightly stir in her sleep. Thankfully that was all she did, turning on her side and diving back into the land of dreams.
Letting out a sight Steve got up and threw on a pair of joggers that were laying on a chair near their bed. With that he quietly headed downstairs where he began the process of delivering the so lovely waffles that woke him up. It was quite early,7 am, he usually never gets up before 10 on a weekend day,but today was an exception.

Around forty minutes later the house was full of the smell of freshly made waffles and strawberries. Steve grabbed a tray from one of the cupboards, placing on it a plate stacked with waffles covered with syrup and cut up strawberries, next to the plate he out a small bowl filled with more fruits, as his girlfriend liked to snack on something after eating breakfast, he finished everything with two cups of coffee on the tray.
With that he headed up the stairs, balancing the tray in his hands trying not to miss a step and miserably fail in his attempt to give Y/N a nice morning.
Using his elbow he opened the door to the bedroom, with the help of his back he pushed it fully opened and entered the room. Seeing that Y/N was still asleep made him let out a thankful sight, happy that his surprise wasn't ruined. He let the tray down on your bedside table and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Wake up, pretty girl." He whispered, inches away from Y/N's forehead as he leaned in and left another small kiss on it while stroking her soft cheek with his thumb.

The gesture made the sleeping girl slowly open her eyes, a smile immediately placing itself on her face as the first thing she saw was her lovely boyfriend smiling down at her and the smell of freshly made coffee and baked waffles filled the room.

"Well that's something I would easily get used to waking up to." She murmured with a groggy tone making Steve smile once again.

Stretching herself up she lazily sat up and propped herself against the headboard of the bed while Steve sat the tray down on her lap and went around the bed to settle on his side so that the two can share a nice breakfast in bed.
"To what do I owe the pleasure of receiving a breakfast in bed, Mr. Harrington?" Y/N asked as she made a kissy face, asking for another kiss, which she received in no time.
"Well, you see, sweetheart, I was woken up but your sweet voice, talking about waffles while sleeping,and so I thought let's give the lady what she wants." Steve explained as he blessed her morning with more kissed down her exposed shoulder.

" Remind me to get you a big trophy with the words "best man ever" engraved on it for your birthday." She smiled after hearing how they ended up where they were now.

"You're my biggest trophy in life, sweetheart, there's no need for anything else. Just your sweet persona by my side is enough for me. Now, let's enjoy a nice breakfast in bed before spending a nice day together outside." He said as he took a hold of the waffle that was on the top of the stack and taking a bite of it.

Y/N wasted no more time, grabbing another one along with a few pieces of strawberry. The two spent the next hour in bed, enjoying their amazing breakfast and coffee, exchanging kisses and hugs, all while savoring the moment. The girl was still amazed by her boyfriend,who usually liked to sleep as much as possible on his days off and today he suddenly decided to get up early in the morning and make her exactly what she's been dreaming of a couple of minutes ago. So remember ladies, if he wanted to, he would.