3

I wake up to the sound of thunder. As another loud crack echoes through my room I let out a lod scream. I pull my hippo close and pull the blanket over my head. I begin to cry. I hear my door open and someone pull back the covers.
   "Awh Wren, come here," Mason says picking me up.
   I cuddle closely into his chest. He carries me out to the living room where the rest of the guys are.
   "Whats wrong with Wren?" Eric asks.
   "She doesn't like the thunderstorm," Mason says rubbing my back as I cry.
   "Poor dear," Toby says.
   Mason sits in between Jaren and Cameron with me still on his lap. Jaren gently rubs my thigh as Cameron plays with my hair. I just silently cry and shake.
   "I wish we could do something to help her," Mason says sadly.
   "We just gotta be there for her. The storm will be over in a bit," Toby says.
   Mason tightly wraps his arms around me. I nuzzle into his neck.
   "Awh, dude that was adorable," Mason says.
   "How is she so precious?" Eric says.
   "Beats me, but I'm here for it it," John says.
   Another loud crack of thunder is heard. Mason covers my ears. After it's over he draws circles on my back.
   "It'll be over soon doll," Eric says getting up.
   He comes back with my hippo.
   "Did you name him?" Eric asks handing him to me.
   "Henry," I say holding the hippo closely.
   "That names fits him perfectly. Good choice Wren," Jaren exclaims.
   Finally the storm is over.
   "Can I hand you to John? I have to pee really bad," Mason says.
   I nod my head and Mason stands and sets me in John's lap.
   "We'll hello princess," John says.
   "Hi," I say.
   "All better now that the storm is over?" John asks.
   "All better. I'm sorry you guys had to care for me," I say.
   "It's okay. We don't mind," Jaren says.
   "I'm still sorry," I say.
   "It's okay," Cameron says.
   "Do you all care if Chad and Max come over?" Eric asks.
   "We don't mind. Do you mind Wren?" Toby asks.
   "I don't mind," I say.
   "Good cuz they just pulled in," Eric laughed.
   "I have to get dressed!" I say jumping up and running to my room.
   I put on fish net leggings with black and white stripped thigh highs over then, some black ripped shorts, and a cropped black hoodie. And for shoes I did black platform boots. I went into my bathroom and did some eyeliner and brushed my straight black hair. When I was satisfied I walked out into the living room.
   "How do you always look so good?" Eric asked.
   I just blush.
   "Wren, this is Chad and this is Max. Guys this is Wren," Toby introduced.
   "Hi Wren," they both say.
   I shyly wave and look at the ground.
   "Awh, Wren come here," Cameron says as he holds me close,"you feeling shy?"
   I nod my head as Cameron plays with my hair.
   "It's okay to feel shy. You don't have to talk to them until you want to, " Cameron reassured.
   I bury my face into his chest as he continues to play with my hair.
   "You wanna go sit in the kitchen or something?" He asks.
   I nod my head. He takes my hand and we sit at the kitchen island.
   "So Wren, what all happened while you were kidnapped?" Cameron asks.
   "I uh.. I don't really wanna talk about it," I say quietly rubbing my arm, not making eye contact.
   "Okay, that's okay. You don't have to," Cameron says.
   "I'm sorry, I will eventually," I say.
   "It's okay, you take your time and if you never tell us, that's fine too," Cameron says.
   "Okay, thank you," I say.
   "Whats something you'd like to do?" Cameron asks.
   "I wanna go to a carnival. I've always wanted to do that," I say.
   "Okay, I'm going to go upstairs and do some research. Can you go find one of the guys to hang out with?" Cameron asks.
   I nod my head and get up. I wonder into the living room and see just Max there.
   "Uhm.. excuse me, Max," I say.
   "What do you need Wren?" Max asks.
   "Where did the rest of the guys go?" I ask.
   "Out back to swim. Toby said if you wanted to join your swimsuit is on your bed," Max says.
   "Swim?" I asked confused.
   "Yeah, you know, the thing with water in it,"Max says.
   "A bathtub?" I ask.
   Max let's out a chuckle and stands up.
   "Follow me," Max says.
   I follow him out back.
   "See? It's a pool,"Max says.
   "Wren! Get your suit on and join us!" Mason exclaims.
   "Are you gunna swim too?" I ask Max.
   "Why not. Go get your suit on and I'll meet you out here," Max says.
   I nod my head and run to my room. I see a black outfit on my bed. It looks like a bra and underwear but it feels like a different material. I hesitate but undress and put it on. I feel awkward. I slowly open my door and walk towards the back.
   "There you are!" Max says.
   "Is this what I'm supposed to wear?" I ask.
   Max nods his head. I cover my stomach with my arms. Eric gets out and gives me a big wet hug.
   "Ah! Eric! I'm all wet now," I say.
   "That's okay," Eric says picking me up, "Mason! Catch!"
   Eric tosses me into the pool to Mason. I cling onto Mason.
   "I don't like this," I say quietly.
   "Why?" Mason asks.
   "I don't know. I just have a weird feeling in my stomach. I don't like it," I say.
   "You wanna just sit on the edge and put your feet in darling?" Mason asks.
   I nod my head. He picks me up and sets me on the edge, making sire to stay near.
   "How's that feel?" Mason asks.
   I shrug my shoulders.
   "Whats wrong sweet girl?" He asks.
   "Cameron asked me what happened when I was kidnapped and I guess it's now finally hitting about how extra fucked it was," I say.
   "Cameron brought it up?" Eric asked.
   I nod. He and Mason look at each other. They leave and whisper to the other guys.
   "Wren! Darling, will you go to your room, change and stay there until someone gets you?" John asks.
   I nod my head and get up. I head to my room and put on a pair of leggings and a hoodie. I sit on the edge of my bed and swing my feet. I think of all the sexual, physical and mental abuse I endured. Tears begin pouring down my face.
   After a bit of crying I hear yelling. I lay in my bed, face the wall and place a pillow over my head. I cry more. I don't like people being mad. It's scary.
   Someone enters my room, I feel the bed dip down.
   "Wren," I hear Cameron say as he removes the pillow.
   I let out a sniffle.
   "Oh dear, come here," Cameron says picking me up.
   He holds me close and plays with my hair.
   "You wanna hear some good news?" Cameron asks.
   I slowly nod my head and wipe my eyes.
   "I found a carnival we can go to," Cameron says.
   "You.. You did?" I sniffle.
   "Mhm! Tickets and hotel is all booked! We're going to Oregon," Cameron smiles.
   I hug him tightly.
   "When do we leave?" I ask.
   "Tomorrow, I'm going to leave to get you a suitcase and then you can pack," Cameron says.
   "What about the other guys?" I ask.
   "They're coming too, don't worry," Cameron says setting me on my bed,"I'll be back in a few."
   When Cameron got back I packed almost my entire closet. I was so ready to go to a carnival! I even fell asleep after packing so the day could come sooner.