32 bye

989 Words

    After I was changed we headed back outside. He finally sat me down then handed me a plate. Normally I would have scarfed it down and probably made a mess of myself along the way. Ok, so no probably about it, I would have made a mess. But right now, I ate really slow. What was it that I actually wanted? What would make me happy in the one run? This whole time I was thinking about how I was going to save the world. Save my father. Save the guys from what's to come. But I never really thought about what came after.

    I was so wrapped up in my thoughts I didn't realize how long it was taking me to eat. One pice at a time, one bite then another. Numbing my brain as I took one bite and then another. Finally after I was about half way done I sat the plate down and I got up. I couldn't sit there any longer. I started to walk. I thought I heard Danual say something but I ignored him and kept walking. I walked and walked not knowing or carrying where I went. I just walked.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Noon at the camp.

    Everyone came back to camp in a pack. They were in high spirits as they saw and smelt the food. All joking and laughing with each other. Plates were stacked up along with silverware ready to be used. Lunch was done and waiting for the guys to come and dig in. Danual started to dish up the plates and handed them out as the guys came close. Everyone took one and sat down after. All were digging in when Husky asked Danual where his son was. Everyone went silent when Danual said. "Eat and we will talk about that."

    Danual refused to start talking about what happened until they all started eating. But when they started eating, he started talking. He told them about what Max said about being the first werewolf. About what the people said and did to him. And about how he escaped. He told them what he thought about that escape. That he thought that one of these guys went back in time and helped him by cutting the ropes that bound him. Then poked him to get him moving. Then he kept talking to them about everything else that Max said and did. How he felt when he realized that he said he liked the bottles. Then Danual told them about what Max liked and didn't like. He told them everything that happened while they were gone.

    He talked slow so that they would keep eating. He talked slow so they would understand what was really going on. He talked slow so they would finally realize that all of them really messed things up. He talked like a teacher trying to teach preschoolers algebra. Never asking him what he wanted. Never asking him what he liked and didn't like. Always assuming that because he came back, he was ok with everything. Even Bear and Panther got a grilling because even they thought they knew what Max needed. Nobody ever asked Max what he thought he needed. Point blank, no beating around the bushes, just straight questions to his face about what he thought about things.

    No one knew that Max started getting his memories back when he was 3. No body knew by 5 he had them all back. Right now he was about 5 years old and everyone thought he was 3. Max knew, but nobody believed him. Why? Because they all thought he was just another 3 year old thinking he was 5. No body believed him. And everybody was using him. His father was using him to save the world as he saw it. Samantha was using him for her work. Bear and Panther was using him so they could take care of a Little. Husky was using him because he wanted a son. Wolf was using him out of pity because he wanted Husky. As for Bull, he was just caught up in it all. But what he really wanted was friends and family. And that's how he was using Max to get what he wanted.

    But what was it that Max wanted? He didn't want to take over the world. He could have done that already. He didn't want to hurt anyone. That would have been easy too. Was it that he was willing to risk everything to have a family? To be just a normal kid? To grow up like all the other normal kids out there? Loose everything that he has done, all his memories gone so he wouldn't have to remember being called a freak of nature? That seemed like the right answer, but was it? No body bothered to ask the most important question. What dose Max want?

    "Well, we won't know unless we ask him now will we. So where is Max anyway?" Bull asked.

    "He went for a walk. I really hope you guys have learned how to use your noses, ears, and eyes. He walked that way about 2 hours before you got here. He was in a clean diaper and that wolf costume you put him in. So good luck finding him." Danual was pointing slightly down the mountain almost the same way they had just come from.

    All at once plates hit the ground and a pack of animals ran changing shape as they went. Wolf, Husky, and Panther took the lead. They could fallow Max's scent the best. But Bear and Bull were right on there tails looking for his prints as they went. In a flash they were all out of sight of the camp. On there way to find there Max. There baby. There friend and family. The real question tho, is if or when they find him, will he want to come back again?