Snack Time

It was a new day, and Evelyn was starting high school today. She had been to school many times. She was trapped in her 18-year-old body and needed to take school wherever she moved. It helped reduce suspicion of why a teenager is wandering around without studies or any care in the world. She chose a long-sleeved lilac top with black jeans and her raven hair pulled up in a ponytail for the first day. She paired the outfit with white sneakers. She filled Loki's automatic food dispenser with food and his bowl with water.

Loki approached her as she picked up her bag and nuzzled up against her leg. She picked him up gently. “Hey, I'm going to school today, and I'm going to miss you.” Please be a good boy. Don't destroy anything, or chew on the plants, or try to break something to get outside. I've kept all of your toys within easy reach. And you know where the kittyalarm is, so press the button to alert me if anything goes wrong, okay? And don't press it just to annoy me; it's only for emergency situations. I love you,” she said as she hugged him goodbye before heading to school.

As she walked into the school, she noticed that all of the students were scattered around with art supplies, talking amongst themselves. She had completely forgotten that Founder's Day was approaching and that the entire school was preparing for it. Caroline found her and waved her over just as she was looking around to see if she could spot anyone familiar. “Hey, I'm glad you're here; I need all the help I can get. You know I am reigning Miss. Mystic Falls right I have the whole responsibility of creating the Miss Mystic Float. Bonnie is also here to assist, and Elena will arrive soon.” Evelyn was astounded by the blonde's enthusiasm so early in the morning; she said everything in one breath.  Evelyn just replied with a nod before  Caroline dragged her to the table where Bonnie was seated.

“Let's reference last years Miss Mystic float. This is what they did last year and this is exactly what we don't want to do.”, Caroline said showing the girls pictures from past years event. “Okay! So, what are we doing?”, Evelyn inquired. “Southern classic elegance”, Caroline said satisfied with her choice. “Gone with the Wind?”, Bonnie guessed. “How'd you know?” “You channel Scarlett, daily.” Bonnie said. Evelyn simply observed the two of them conversing. She yearned for a relationship like theirs. She'd lost touch with a really close friend a century ago and hadn't found that kind of eternal forever kind of friendship since.  She was scared of making human friends because she wouldn't be able to bear their deaths. But having Caroline as a best friend seemed just right for her.

Evelyn caught a glimpse of Elena leaving a classroom with her professor Alaric, Damon, and Stefan out of the corner of her eye. She was itching to know what was going on, but she had to stay with Caroline and Bonnie to protect her cover. The girls began working on the float design. It reminded her of the 1860's time. Evelyn loved that era; she was in Britain at the time with her partner in crime, acting as an advisor to King Edward following the death of his mother. She adored the lavish lifestyle of the period.

Caroline insisted on going shopping with Evelyn after their work was done. They first went to Mystic Grill for a bite. Caroline asked ynEvel as they sat in their booth, “How have you not told us about your boyfriend or crush yet?  You know you can't keep those things from me, right?” Evelyn initially laughed it off, but when she noticed Caroline was serious, she said, “Haven't had the best luck in that department.  I had a partner in North Carolina, but when I decided to move, I chose to call it quits. I couldn't bring myself to confront him and tell him. So I just left him there with a letter saying I'm leaving.” “Woah, you dumped poor guy over a letter,” Caroline exclaimed. “I didn't want to, but I suppose it wasn't meant to be.  If we are meant to be together, I am sure that the universe will bring us back together.” Evelyn stated. Her eyes were welling up with tears, but she blinked them away.

Caroline and Evelyn went shopping in town after the Grill, going through aisles of dresses for Caroline to find the perfect fit. Evelyn simply walked alongside her, making suggestions about her options. “Too loud,” “Too boring,” “Too bright,” “Too dull,” and Caroline finally found her perfect dress. She asked Evelyn to choose one as well, but Evelyn said she already had something and she anyways wasn't part of the float. The girls were on their way back home after getting matching accessories for their dresses.