The wolf and the moonstone

On the dance floor, Katherine approached Stefan with a seductive smile. "Care to join me for a dance?" she asked, her voice dripping with charm. Stefan, ignoring her request, kept his distance. Katherine's expression darkened. "Remember the Jenna incident?" she reminded him, her tone turning threatening. "Hand over the moonstone, or I start killing people." Stefan remained steadfast, refusing to give in to her threats. Frustrated, Katherine decided to put her words into action. Aimee, unaware of the tension, joined them to ask Stefan about Matt. Without hesitation, Katherine paralyzed Aimee with a snap and then killed her in the next instant. Time was running out, and it was clear more lives would be at risk if they didn't act quickly or surrender the moonstone.

Evelyn, overhearing Stefan and Damon arguing about whether to call off the plan, listened intently. Katherine's readiness for a killing spree was making Stefan second-guess their strategy. However, they ultimately decided to proceed. Meanwhile, Katherine's witch ally was arguing with her, frustrated over not being informed about the presence of another witch.

The group sent Jeremy to lure Katherine. "He and Damon want you to meet them at the edge of the lake by the woods," Jeremy told her. "They brought the moonstone." Katherine narrowed her eyes. "And why are you their little messenger?" Jeremy met her gaze without fear. "Because they know I'm not afraid of you." Katherine smirked. "Hmm, you Gilbert men, so courageous. How's John, by the way? Were they able to sew his fingers back on?"

As Damon and Evelyn waited for Jeremy's signal, Elena appeared and grabbed his phone. "What are you doing here, Elena?" Evelyn asked, surprised. "What the hell is going on?" Elena demanded. Evelyn and Jeremy quickly explained their plan to kill Katherine. Elena, however, was not amused and worried about the potential for someone to get hurt.

As expected, Katherine did not follow Jeremy's instructions. Instead, she confronted Caroline. "What are Stefan and Damon up to?" she asked. Caroline feigned ignorance. "What do you mean?" I've got Jeremy Gilbert luring me out to the lake. What's going on?" Caroline tried to maintain her composure. "I don't know...nothing." Eventually, under Katherine's relentless questioning, Caroline confessed. "They're trying to kill you. Bonnie has the moonstone, and she's in the room." Satisfied, Katherine headed toward the room, leaving Caroline outside. Once Katherine was inside, Caroline couldn't contain her excitement. "I did it! I really didn't think I'd be able to fool you, but I did it!"

With Katherine in the trap, the group braced themselves for the next phase of their plan, each of them hoping they could finally put an end to the Katherine chapter. Evelyn stayed with Elena, watching over her with Jeremy. Meanwhile, in the room, the Salvatore brothers tried to kill Katherine. Damon walked out of the closet holding the compressed air weapon. He shot Katherine. The stake went into her back. At the same time, Elena screamed. She was hurt like Katherine. Stefan rushed over to Katherine and drove the stake through her arm. Elena screamed again, she was hurt too.

Evelyn and Jeremy helped Elena get back on her feet, not realizing what was hurting her. Evelyn felt blood gushing out of a wound, a wound that wasn't there a few minutes ago. It didn't take much time for Evelyn to realize that Katherine had bound herself with Elena. Whatever happened to her would happen to the girl that the Salvatore brothers loved more than their own lives. "Smart move," Evelyn muttered. "They would never hurt Katherine knowing it would hurt Elena in turn."

Soon Bonnie reached the same conclusion. Evelyn tried calling Damon to tell him what was happening and to take the next steps cautiously, but he didn't pick up. Jeremy quickly rushed to the room just as Damon was about to kill Katherine. "You think you two are the only ones with a witch on your side? Wrong," Katherine taunted, "and something tells me that my witch is better than your witch."