Elijah

Evelyn, Jeremy, and Bonnie were sitting in Jeremy's bedroom, the atmosphere tense with anticipation. The minutes seemed to stretch into hours, and each second felt like an eternity. They had been waiting for any sign, any clue, that Elena was safe.

Suddenly, the sound of the front door unlocking echoed through the house. Instantly alert, they rushed out of the room. Elena stepped inside, looking tired but otherwise unharmed. Relief washed over them like a tidal wave. Jeremy was the first to react, throwing his arms around his sister and hugging her tight. The others followed suit, wrapping her in a collective embrace that conveyed their worry and love. "Are you okay?" Jeremy asked, his voice thick with emotion as he pulled back to look at her face. Elena nodded, managing a small, reassuring smile. "I'm okay. I'm okay." She turned her gaze to Bonnie, her expression softening further. "I got your message."

As the four settled in Elena could sense the bunch wanted to know what actually happened so she started her story.

Elena remembered everything clearly, each detail stuck in her mind like a bad dream. After the party a man kidnapped her out of nowhere. Later, she found out he was working for an old vampire named Trevor. Elena didn't have time to think before she ended up in a dark, creepy old mansion. The place was falling apart, filled with dust and strange noises. They tied her up with rough ropes that hurt her wrists and ankles. She couldn't move or escape. Trevor was there, watching her with cold eyes. Another vampire named Rose was with him. Rose looked amused, She kept saying how much Elena looked like Katherine, which made Elena even more scared. They talked about trading her for someone named Elijah.

When Elena said this name, Evelyn's eyes widened. She was quick to cover her expression. When Elena asked who Elijah was, Trevor just said, "Your nightmare." Elena asked many questions, desperate to understand why this was happening to her. But Rose ignored her. It was clear Rose enjoyed seeing Elena scared and confused. She didn't give any real answers, only hints that made no sense. Slowly, Elena started to understand bits and pieces of their conversations. She learned that Elijah was one of the Originals, the first vampires ever created. They were ancient and extremely powerful. Rose also mentioned Stefan and Damon.

Elena wondered who Elijah really was and why he was so important. She thought about Stefan and Damon, hoping they were safe and trying to come up with a plan to save her.

Elena remembered her conversation with Rose vividly. Rose broke the silence, her voice filled with exhaustion. "Trevor and I have been running for 500 years. We're tired, we want it over. We're using you to negotiate ourselves out of an old mess." Elena's mind raced, trying to understand. "But why me?" "Because you're a Petrova Doppelgänger. You're the key to breaking the curse," Rose explained. "The curse? The sun and the moon curse?" Elena had heard the stories, but she never imagined she'd be part of them. Rose smirked slightly. "Oh, you do know your history." "But what do you mean I'm the key? The moonstone is what breaks the curse," Elena said, confusion evident in her voice. Rose shook her head. "No, the moonstone is what binds the curse. The sacrifice is what breaks it." Elena felt a chill run down her spine. "The sacrifice?" "The blood of the doppelgänger. You're the doppelgänger. Which means, in order to break the curse, you're the one who has to die," Rose stated bluntly. Elena's heart pounded in her chest as the gravity of her situation sank in. The Originals, the first family of vampires, were somehow involved in all this. Their power and age made them incredibly dangerous. Trevor, who had been silent, interjected with a bitter tone. "Correction, I pissed them off. Rose had my back, and for over half a millennium, they've wanted us dead." Elena turned to him, with curiosity. "What did you do?" Rose sighed, a look of long-suffering on her face. "He made the same mistake countless others did: he trusted Katerina Petrova." Trevor nodded, a haunted look in his eyes. "I helped her escape her fate, and now I've—sorry, we've—been marked ever since." Elena's thoughts raced. Katherine, or Katerina Petrova, had caused so much chaos and suffering. Her manipulation and deceit had left a trail of victims, and now Elena was caught in the same deadly web. As the reality of her situation settled in, Elena felt a mixture of fear and determination. She was a pawn in a centuries-old conflict, her life hanging by a thread because of a curse and a bloodline she had no control over. But she wasn't ready to give up.