Hello Old Friend

Evelyn got up early the next morning to go see Caroline in the hospital. She found Matt outside the room. “How is she?” “Doctor said she is still in danger”, Matt replied. Evelyn sat across from him at the desk. Both sat in peaceful silence, praying for Caroline's health. Evelyn considered giving Caroline her blood, but doing so would alert the others to the presence of a new vampire among them. She made the decision to leave Caroline in the care of doctors, but she was willing to give her blood if it was Caroline's only chance of survival.

Bonnie showed up soon after. "How is Caroline?" she inquired. "She's not good, Bon," Matt said. "What happened?" “We were driving and Tyler heard this noise and he got...” “A noise?” “He got this migraine or something and he lost control of the car and...I thought that Caroline was fine and then...and then she wasn't so...” Evelyn stood up to leave, not wanting to recall the previous night's events.

She discovered the blood bank facility while walking through the hospital corridors. "I might as well get my breakfast here," she reasoned, and proceeded to raid the blood supply. She was back in Caroline's room after a quick detour. Bonnie, Elena and Damon were talking about giving her vampire blood to heal. Elena was discussing the attack on John when she overheard her. Evelyn muttered, "Serves him well after the aneurysm he gave me."

Evelyn stayed at the hospital all day, assisting Liz with the medications and paperwork, as well as caring for Caroline. She returned home in the evening. Tomorrow would be a dull day for her. It was the Mayor's memorial service.

Evelyn got out of bed and prepared for the service. Tyler greeted her when she arrived at the Lockwood mansion. "I'm deeply sorry about your loss, Tyler," she said. "Thank you for coming, Evelyn; please come in." The invitation was all she needed. Evelyn entered the house and took a look around. She approached Damon Salvatore and Elizabeth Forbes after spotting them. "How is Caroline today?" Evelyn asked Liz. "I was planning on visiting her after this." "She's doing well; her recovery has been nothing short of a miracle," Liz said, and Evelyn simply smiled. Caroline was fine, which meant Damon had given her his blood. "At least the idiot did something right," she reasoned.

She was wandering around the house when she came across Elena. "Oh, Elena, I thought you were in the hospital." "What are you doing here?" Elena inquired, irritably. "What do you mean, I know I'm new in town, but he was Mayor, and I had to pay my respects." Elena simply huffed and fake smiled. "Hey, could you please accompany me to the room? I need to tell you something," Elena asked. "OK, cool," Evelyn said calmly.

"Come on now, spill what you're doing here," Elena said as the room's doors closed. Evelyn just kept her puzzled expression on, repeating that she didn't understand what Elena meant. Elena grabbed her throat and slammed her against the nearest wall, holding her there. "Would you like to talk now?" Elena asked. Evelyn simply smirked and quickly reversed their positions, her fingers now squeezing faux Elena's neck. "Now now, my dear, are you forgetting that I am far too strong for you?  Hello, Kat," Evelyn said as she dropped Katherine. "I knew I'd run into you sooner or later because you do tend to follow the Salvatore boys," she went on. "It's always a pleasure to meet you, Evelyn.  Aren't you going to hug me? We've been meeting for at least 5 centuries," Katherine said, opening her arms for a hug. The girls hugged each other, they were frenemies.

"What are you doing in this wretched town?" Katherine inquired. She was skeptical as to why Evelyn was in Mystic Falls, the town associated with a Bennett witch and a doppelganger. “Nothing. I only recently learnt about the town and its mysteries and came here to investigate. You know how much I adore adventure." Katherine was not persuaded in the least. "Where is your boy toy?  Since when do you go anywhere without him?" Katherine questioned. "A don't call him a boy toy; I absolutely hate that term, and you are aware of it, and B I haven't seen him in decades because I left him," Evelyn admitted sadly. "Good for you, girl," Katherine said, while Evelyn scoffed.

“Kat, Don't you think it's been too long and you should get over Stefan? He's clearly moved on," Evelyn noted. Katherine scoffed, "Dating a girl who looks like your ex doesn't count as moving on." "Well, if you're here for Stefan, that's great, but I know you well enough to know you always have ulterior motives, isn't that true love?" Evelyn asked. They were friends, but they didn't trust each other. "Well, whatever it is, just don't tell anyone I am a vampire or you know me and I'll keep your secrets safe with me," Evelyn continued. “Deal. I have to go find my boys now. See you soon, Evee," Katherine said as she exited the room. Evelyn followed her out the door. She spent some time at the mansion and left to meet Caroline at hospital.

Bonnie was looking for Elena after her heated argument with Damon when she noticed the two girls exiting the room. Bonnie approached Katherine, thinking it was Elena, and began talking, only to discover something was wrong when she held her hand. It ended with Katherine shoving her in the wall and Stefan coming to save her.

Bonnie soon saw Elena Coming in the Lockwood residence. She told her how she met Katherine and saw her with Evelyn. "Do you think Katherine is using or compelling Evelyn?" Elena inquired. "I don't know Elena, but Caroline gave her a vervain bracelet," Bonnie explained. "It's Katherine who can force her to remove the bracelet." "Then we should keep an eye out for her." We'll have to tell her about the reality she's living in soon." "No, Bonnie, she is innocent away from all the chaos. I don't want her to have the burden of all this and fear over her head after she's already lost so much."

The girls decided to shield the new girl from the truth for as long as they could, which wasn't long.