Chapter 6

I stared at the ceiling once I got up to my room. The way Diego used his body as a wall from the explosion reminded me of my actual parents. They died because of me. My mind flood with all different memories of my childhood. My eyes became watery and my hands started to shake. Diego came into my room without a knock or anything.

" You're gonna clean up every square inch of the front lobby."

"What? Most of it wasn't even my fault. It was the man, the octogenarian." I said.

"I don't give a shit where he grew up. You're gonna clean. No one..."

"Yeah, you're just mad that I actually did something" I said cutting him off.

"Yeah, and you could have kill yourself. I done with this. You're grounded." Diego continued as Klaus walks over. "Why are you laughing. You were conveniently absent when all this shit went down."

"I was talking with Dad" Klaus said with a smile

"Don't move an inch" Diego said pointing his finger at me.

"Why? I know what they were talking about. It was about your mothers and shit then, it got personal and Klaus started talking about how he's like a one of those empty barrels of fudge ripple at Baskin- Robbin" I said as Klaus nodded his head in agreement. Then Diego gave me that look. The look like he was gonna strangle me cuz' I never told him I left with Klaus.

"What'd he say?" Diego said moving his eye to Klaus.

"That he didn't kill them. I know, I know. Do I believe him? Well, I don't know. It's hard to say. The Sparrows have got him all doped up like a.... Like a me! That doesn't alarm you at all? The fact that they're drugging their father?"

"Wish we would have thought of that. Anything else?" Diego asked.

"Oh, you know the luggage room in the basement of the Academy, where we used to huff paint?"

"Yeah, vaguely." Diego whispered so I won't hear but, I did, and laughed.

"Do you recall this blinding orb of light?" Klaus asked trying to paint a picture of it with his hands.

"Now we're done." Diego said taking my arm and bring me down the stairs.

"I can walk myself" I said trying to unhinge his hand from my wrist. We got the the lobby and the front desk dude came as well with a cleaning kart.

"As requested" he said handing Diego a to- do list and the keys to the building.

"What the hell is this?" I asked as Diego place the piece of paper and keys in my hand.

"Your punishment. And when you're done here, you're gonna clean every room on Chet's list to pay for this shit, okay? And your Uncle Klaus is gonna watch over you." Diego said as Klaus was confused as to why he couldn't watch me.

"Because I have to babysit Luther in case Allison pops off again. Okay? All right, you two have tons in common."

"Really? Like what?" I asked as Diego walks away.

"Being a pain in my ass" Diego answered leaving the room.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————