Chapter 11

I felt the comfort of Five's bare, warm feet. I honestly don't remember how he got here or what happened last night because 45 percent of me was still drunk from last night. I noticed his arms hugging me from behind. He moved his face closer to my shoulder and whispered good morning into my ear, which was followed by a kiss to my left shoulder. I turned my body a bit and matched my face up with his. Good morning I whispered back and then connected my lips against his Velcro. I returned back to my snuggling position before with his arms wrapped around me.

"I never want to leave," I say, holding his hands tight.

"Neither do I" Five replies moving closer.

"I love you" Five whispered. That was the first time I heard him say that to me.

I turned around and looked him straight in the eye and built up my courage to say it back.

"I love you too" I say with no hesitation because it's all true. I love Five.
————————————————————-
I walked downstairs wearing sunglasses because the light was 100 times brighter than usual. The aching in my skull grows and flows like a cold tide, yet the pain is always there. I understand at once why they call it a hangover, for it feels as if the blackest of clouds are over my head with no intention of clearing until late afternoon. I rest my body down on a couch in the lobby.

"Look! Outside everything... everything is back to normal." Diego said as I got up from the couch and looked out the window and he was right.

"We did it. We saved the world!" I was excited.

Everyone walked over to me and Diego and started chanting my name 'Joey, Joey, Joey.' I opened my eyes and got hit in the head with a pillow. It was just a dream.

"Man, you got soooo drunk last night." Diego said after throwing that pillow at me. I just grumbled in response.

"Yeah, you started to sing Air Supply; All Out Of Love." Lila walked over. "I actually got a video of it" She continued as Diego and she started laughing.

"Whoo, Five yeah!" Klaus yelled as Five and Reg walked into the room.

"That speech last night! Wow!" Diego added clapping along with everyone else.

"Brought me to tears, you big softy." Lila added on.

"I especially liked it when you referred to us as a family bound by destiny and love." Viktor said as Five clearly had enough.

"Yes. Enough" Five sat down across from me. "It was the booze talking. In the light of day, you're all still deplorable."

"And your day's about to get worse. The Norse had seven sleepers. The Blackfoot, seven stars. As a boy, I heard the legend of the seven bells. All these stories are the same. The village is under threat by flood, by fire, by a night that never ends. A shaman brings his disciples to a sacred cave. He tells them if they can ring the seven magic bells, the village will be saved, and all will be restored just as it was." Reg stated.

"Reggie? Can we get a little less Brothers Grimm and a little more What the hell does this have to do with us?" Lila asked.

"There is a truth to these myths. None of you can deny what's going on around us. All of existence will be gone by the end of the day, but whoever or whatever wove together space and time, they left a way to put things back together if the universe ever faced total annihilation. There is a portal in the universe. I built this hotel around it, and on the other side is the answer." Reg replied.