Chapter 9

"What the hell?" Lila said.

"Yeah, you... uh, picked the fucked up kid" I said snapping the red bolt away and looking down at the ground.

"I can't deal with this right now" Diego said walking to the door.

"Wait, Diego.." I said turning around looking at him.

"No, you lied to me. First you aren't even my real daughter and now... now you have fucking powers. What are you trying to do to me?!" Diego yelled waiting for a response but not getting one, he walked towards the door again.

"Good. You're all here." Luther said. "You need to come with us to the Sparrow Academy. The world's ending, so I think it's time we put our petty bullshit aside and work together on this Kugelblitz."

"Yeah? Or what?" Diego said being pushed into the room again.

"Or more people will continue to disappear." Lila answered.
————————————————————————

When we got to the Sparrow Academy we were greeted by their robot mom and one eye ripped out so, we could we her wiring.

"So happy to meet you." I said grabbing three cookies from the plate.

"Welcome. Please make yourselves at home." Fei the raven lady said.

"Bitch, this is our home" Allison said from the corner.

"Where's Viktor and Klaus?" Diego asked.

"With our luck, probably Kugelblitzed by now" Five answered entering the room.

"You're a dark little dude sometimes." Diego responded.

"Ooh, what happened to your hand?" Fei asked which I was wondering as well.

"We don't have time for idle chitchat. Everyone, sit down" Ben said as I sat down on the couch next to Diego's and Five sat down next to me.

"Please, would be nice." Diego said still standing.

"So, uh..." Luther said breaking the ice. "This is kinda nice, right? All of us here together. One big happy family" Luther continued with a chuckle.

"Look, I know there's been bad blood between us. Whatever. Bygones, right?" Ben said being the only one standing.

"Question?" Diego raised his hand. "Yeah, if I kill you, do we get our Ben back? Hypothetically."

"keep talking, and your hand won't be the only thing bleeding"

"Okay, didn't you say you have a plan to save the world?" I asked, just as Viktor came running into the room.

"Where is he?" He asked. "What did you do to Harlon?"

"They didn't do anything. I did" we all looked at Allison. "I killed Harlon."

"What.... I... I don't... I don't understand. Why?" Viktor said.

"Because he didn't deserve to live."