Chapter 8

"I've been looking or you." Five said.

"I don't tattoo children." The talking monkey answered.

"Swell, we aren't here for the ink." Five said. "I'm here because you and I have a mutual friend. Sir Reginald Hargreeves." The monkey sighed in response.

"Whatever he wants, I'm not interested." The monkey continued.

"I don't think you understand. I'm one of his children. From another timeline."

"Another timeline?" The monkey asked with a chuckle.

"As crazy as it sounds, you and I have met before. Back in 1963, when you were a diaper- wearing chimp in dire need of a manicure. I don't know if you remember, but I have a scar to prove it." Five said pulling down his collar showing a ripple of skin on his neck.

"If what you're saying is true, I'd be talking to a man well into his sixties. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've had a very long day." He says walking back to the tattoo chair.

"Pogo, you need to listen to me." Five says trying to walk to Pogo but his body guards or whatever blocked Five from getting though. Five grabbed my hand again and we blinked to the parking lot. We watched Pogo ride away on his motorcycle, it was kind of funny watching a monkey riding of a motorcycle.

"Shit" Five said running into the street.

"get your ass over here!" I yelled hot-wiring one of the motorcycles. In response Five chuckled and ran back to where I was. He sat behind me and rested his arms on my rib cage.

We stopped at this camper where an older lady was sitting outside.

"Can I help you?" The lady asked as we got off the motorcycle.

"I need a word with Pogo" Five answered.

"Ain't no Pogo here, pumpkin." The lady got up and walked over to me and Five. "So I suggest you and your girlfriend get your asses off my property." Girlfriend. It made me blush a bit. I never been with someone like.... Like Five. I've never had a boyfriend. I've been to busy trying to figure out who ran my parents off the road. I returned back to the conversation because Five started walking into the camper. We both sat down at the table across from Pogo.

"You're either dumb or desperate." Pogo said cocking the gun underneath the table. "Which is it?"

"You tell me" Five said placing a piece of skin with a tattoo on it.

"That looks like my work, but I never did that tattoo."

"Not yet, you haven't. I cut it off my 100- year- old self"

"Um, What!" I whispered into Five's ear but, he went on talking.

"Ah, so desperate it is." Pogo replied.

"You wold be too if you knew the entire universe were at stake."

"Look familiar?" Pogo said showed us a book. "Reggie was obsessed with these symbols."

"It's a sigil, right?" I asked as both of them stared at me. "A symbol thought to have magical powers."

"Dad believed in science, facts." Five gave me a look like how do you know that? But also kinda looked turned on. "I didn't respect much about the old man, but I respected that."

"It's gotta have a rational meaning, right?" I said pointing at the symbol.

"I don't know, but he referred to it as Project Oblivion." Pogo said which gave Five that look that he knows something.

"This project. I need to know more."

"It was a kamikaze mission. He was preparing the Sparrow children with the expectation they might never return. That's why I gave the children those pills, to keep them safe from him. Project Oblivion is starting again, and you are all in danger."

"Then I should probably get that ink. Complete the loop." Five said finishing his drink.

"You sure?" I asked Five as he got up.

"Oh, I don't think destiny cares whether I am or not." Five said laying down on the couch after taking off his jacket and shirt.
——————————————————————

After Five got his tattoo he blinked us back to the hotel. I figured I would find Diego because he's probably wondering where I've been all day. I walked into the Buffalo Suite because that's where I saw him last. Both Diego and Lila were pushing a door that I thought was a wall closed.

"What's goin' on?" I asked.

"Joey?! Where the hell have you been?" Diego asked.

"I was with Five" I mumbled.

"What?" They both said at the same time. The next kugel wave happened and looking outside of the window everything disappeared it was just.... Gone.

"I'm confused, no offense but, why haven't you been kugelblitzed?" Lila asked.

"Before, right?" Diego asked with a sigh. "Your eyes, when they turned red."

"Um, yeah..." I said as I snapped my fingers and the red lightening bolt formed between my fingers and then moved around my hand.

"Oh, shit" Diego said.

———————————————————————
I didn't know how I was gonna wrap Joey's powers in but I did it. Her powers may change the way Diego, Five or anyone else thinks of her. Continue reading to figure out Diego and Lila response.
Enjoy!!