Chapter 12

"There's something very wrong about that" I said as we exited the tunnel and there was the butt of the buffalo that was on the other side of the room.

"Same suite, just ass- backwards" Lila replied.

"This is some hardcore Alice and Wonderland shit." Five added.

"Yeah, and it gets weirder." Diego said as Reg ran through the tunnel, Klaus not behind him.

"At last, the other side." Reg was out of breath.

"Wait. Where's Klaus?" I asked.

"Children, I'm sorry, but your brother... I did all I could but he didn't make it though in time. The Kugelblitz has claimed its last victim."

"No, he was right behind me when I entered the tunnel." I responded.

"We need to go back." Sloane said, choking on her words.

"There's nothing to go back to. Children, there will be time for tears later. Right now, we have to keep moving." Reg encouraged walking toward the door that leads to the end or the beginning of something new.

"Wait. Luther and Klaus?" Viktor said as everyone paused and shared a solemn look.

We walked into the lobby which is an exact replica of the one in the other half of the hotel.

"You guys should've stayed here. This place is way nicer." Ben examined the room.

"Lila and I barely got out alive last time. Remember?" Diego said, lowering the gun.

"But I'm here this time, and the numbers are in our favor." Ben argued.

"Well, whatever it was, it was strong, fast, and super pissed. Alright, so, whatever you do, do not ring this bell. Unless you wanna lose a finger or a tentacle." Diego said, staring down at Ben.

"I'll take my chances—"Sloane was moments before slamming her hand down the bell. "Get out of my way." She continued as Lila refused to move.

"To take out this thing, we need to be in the right state of mind."

"State of mind? Do you mean, am I angry? Yes, I am angry. I wanna kill whatever it is that hurt Luther." Sloane argued.

"Luther isn't the only one that's gone. We lost Klaus too. I'm angry, okay? We all are. We have to be smart about this." Viktor replied.

"Yeah. When the time is right, we'll act." Lila said.

"Don't even try it, Five. Doors won't let you out." Diego added.

"So, what, we're stuck here? This place is a test and a trap and a means of salvation, all at once." Allison responded.

"Does anyone know what that sign says?" I questioned. 

"Yeah, it says Do not ring the bell. That's what that means." Diego answered.

"We get it, Diego. Bell bad. What do we do?" I asked.

"Does anybody know? Reggie? Reggie." Allison questioned as Reg flips through pages  in his notebook.

"I'm hungry. Does anyone fancy an unagi roll?" Lila asked.