Chapter 2 - The Fire

Few hours has passed and I found no fruits. That's weird.. Usually whenever I go near the water places, there would be a lot of fruits nearby but.. I found.. nothing.. Maybe some animals ate it, obviously. But not a lot of them eat the fruits..

I sat by the water as I looked at myself through the water, my eyes shined back. "Should I cover them..?" I asked myself. It hurts to cover them but I just don't like the glares and the opinions people give me every time I showed my eyes in public. Since I am all alone in the forest by myself, it wouldn't hurt to cover them.

The sun started to set, making the sky turn darker and darker. I looked up at the view, it was a beautiful view. The sky was full of different colors, pink, yellow, red and more warm colors. I could just stay there and stare at it forever but not everything beautiful lasts forever. Soon the sky became pitch black, the only thing that was the source of light was the moon.

I opened my backpack to look for a torch but soon I realized that.. "I FORGOT THE STUPID TORCH!" I yelled at myself, not even caring if a mob was nearby. "But my eyes could work.." I looked around with my eyes, only a little bit of light was shining into the darkness. 'Geez, I hate the darkness.." I thought to myself, I got up and continued to walk around. Only darkness, and some trees. But why no animals..?

I stopped dead in my tracks as the sound of footsteps came from behind me. I quickly looked around me to find nothing but the darkness. "Well that was weird.." I mumble to myself before taking another step..

*CRACK*

I quickly look to the direction to see nothing. What is even happening to me!? I continued to walk for a while until I heard some loud noises coming from the distance. My ears tried to figure out what the noises were but it was muffled. I continued to get closer and saw light, finally-

Suddenly loud screaming and yelling came from the direction, that was when I realized that the light was red and orange which meant.. "FIRE!" Someone screamed out, making me shiver in fear. I ran to the direction to find a whole village burning. Everything was literally on fire. Villagers were running around and were trying to save their loved ones which broke my heart just by witnessing all of this.

I quickly put an eye patch to cover my eyes and ran to the village. There was a big crowd running around, I could see the fear in their eyes, poor villagers.. I managed to dodge the crowd and ran into a burning house. I could hear children screaming from the inside. Wait.. this is a daycare! I broke the window as the fire continued to form. I scanned the room to find the children in the corner, shivering and crying for their dear lives. I ran to myself and flinched whenever fire burned some of my body parts.

I picked them all up and threw them through the window. "RUN. NOW!" I screamed out to them and they nodded before running to their parents who were in the forest, watching their village burn down.

I got out and onto the roof to see if I could hear anyone else screaming or crying out for help, but it was only silence.. The fire continued to burn and form. I looked at the villagers to see them all staring at me, it's not every day that you see a human on top of a burning house.

Something caught my eyes from a burning house, it looked like a figure, a tall and muscular.. man? He wasn't a villager and I knew it. I was about to jump off the house to get them out before.. "SSSSSSS-" I looked behind me to see few weird looking TNTs lighting up, I cursed to myself before they exploded and threw me very high in the sky and to the forest.

The villagers screamed out for me as I was flying in the air. I was in a lot of pain. I cursed to myself, hitting the ground with my fists. "FUCKING DAMN IT! I COULD HAVE SAVED THAT PERSON! NOW THEY ARE GOING TO DIE BECAUSE OF ME" I yelled out very loud. I looked to my side and noticed that my eye patch was burned.. "No.." I needed it to cover my eyes! No no no! I tried to get up, I felt a very sharp pain in my legs. I screamed in pain.

My body just laid there on the soft grass. I looked around to see my backpack laying on the ground few feet away from me. I sighed in relief, at least I have my backpack for now..

I continued to listen to the fire burning from the distance, there were no screaming anymore.. Only.. the fire.. I sighed to myself, I tried my best to sit up against a tree to at least relax.

There wasn't anything else to do but stare at the fire from the distance. I tried to scream out for help but my voice cracked due to the damage it made after falling onto a hard and somehow soft ground.

I looked around for any sign of something and found nothing else. I slowly closed my eyes shut to try and relax for a bit.

The fire..

It got hotter..

It got warmer..

Why..?

Suddenly heat started to form very close to me, making me sweat. I quickly opened my eyes and looked around, the fire.. IT WAS BURNING THE FOREST! I started crawling to my backpack, hoping that I could find a potion for healing.

I started looking through the stuff I had. "SHIT!" I cursed to myself as I realized that I had no healing potion. I forgot it at the counter in my house.

Sighing in defeat, I slowly got up and started limping away from the fire. The fire continued to grow bigger and bigger. The trees started to fall around me as it burned the poor trees.

It continued to grow and grow even bigger, I was too weak to even escape. I fell onto the ground as I let it all burn around me. Everything started turning dark..

I looked over to see a figure from the distance, they were standing in front of the fire. Before I could try and reach my hand out for them to help me, everything went black.