Headshot

A.U: Mob boss Kokichi

Shuichi presses his back against the wall. He was back into a corner. Quite literally. This had started a few weeks ago. With a body.

Three Day Before

Shuichi walked into the abandoned building. Inside were his partners, Kyoko Kirigiri, Makoto Naegi, and Byakuya Togami. "Sorry I'm late."

Kyoko looked up from the body. "It fine. You want what we got?"

Shuichi nodded, and Makoto read off a pad. "We have a John Doe. The cause of death is pretty obvious."

He pointed to the forehead. "Single gunshot wound. But there's something weird about his hands though."

Shuichi studied the body. "Does it have to do with the fact that his fingers are broken."

Kyoko held out her hand. "Told he'd notice it."

Byakuya scoffed and handed her a twenty. Makoto nodded. "They were broken one at a time. He was probably tortured."

Shuichi looked at him. "Why though?"
Makoto shrugged. "Information, money, we don't know enough about him."

Kyoko adjusted her gloves. "We should get the body to the lab. Dr. Rowin should be able to get us some more information."
Shuichi nodded. "Was there anything on the body?"

Togami stepped forward. "I got this one. There wasn't anything on the body, but we did find this" He motion over to a man, who came running over and handed him a gun in an evidence bag. "In a garbage bin."

".45, huh." Shuichi pulled on some gloves and took the gun out. He sniffed the barrel. "It's been fired."

He put his finger to the bullet hole. "Looking at his, I'm guessing that it was made by a .45. There's a good chance that this is the murder weapon."

He put the gun back in the bag, and handed it to the CSU member. "Send this to bulletisic." They nodded and walked off.

Makoto sighed. "I'll start canvassing for witness." He walked off.

"We got an ID." Makoto walked into the precinct. "Ramiro Arama."

Shuichi took the file he was holding. "Single, works at a recycling plant. Does he have any family?"

Makoto shook his head. "Nope. Only child, no kids, both parents are dead, and so are the grandparents."

Kyoko looked at the file. "It's like he barely exists."

Shuichi shut the file. "Making him the perfect victim. But why was he in the warehouse?"

Kyoko put her hand to her chin. "I'll go ask his employers. Maybe they can provide some clues."

Shuichi nodded. "Okay. I'll see if I can find anything online."

《•~~~•》

"Sir!" A girl with blonde pigtails and a mask that covered the upper half of her face rushing into an office decorated in purple. "I have urgent news!"

She knelt behind a soft leather chair that had its back to her. She didn't do this out of fear, but out if respect.

"What is it 2?" A soft voice asked, sitting in the chair and typing on a computer.