shattered

Jeremiah and Steven and all guys did there dance together and the girls did theirs.

When it was time for the escort dance Jeremiah had literally left. Everyone looked around for him but he wasn't in the bathroom or by the food or anywhere we could find him. Belly looked lost and upset that jere just bailed. I looked at Conrad and he was already looking at me. We stared at each other and then i nodded my head in belly's direction urging him to go replace Jeremiah. He slightly nodded no. I widened my eyes nodding my head towards belly again a little more aggressively telling him to dance w her. He rolled his eyes and walked over to belly. The crowed clapped lightly and the music began.

There's no way he is going to remember all the steps from a few years ago with Nicole. But he was doing pretty well. A few mess ups here and there. Belly was looking into his eyes like this was her dream. It was. But Conrad didn't look at her the same. He kept looking back at me. Belly caught one of his glances towards me and her emotion changed to more of a fake happiness and she kept looking down avoiding eye contact with me and Conrad.

The dance ended and he kissed her hand and we all gathered around the table to chat. Jeremiah showed up out of nowhere. He looked awful his eyes were red and puffy and his nose was pink like he had been crying. He just said he wasn't feeling well and susannah ran to grab a soda. Jeremiah walked past me but I grabbed his upper arm and he paused looking at me. "your not okay" i whispered to him with a confused look on his face. "i have to tell u soon" he said and just walked off with belly.

I looked at Conrad in confusion and he looked at me like his heart sank. I walked over to him. "what the hell is going on" i asked him. "just hold on Liv" he said and just walked out of the room. My mom was sitting at the table talking to the guy she is with and he broke some kind of news to her and she looked confused and concerned. What the hell was going on.

Susannah came back with the soda for Jeremiah and he took it from her with the saddest look on his face. She brushed it off and sat down with my mom. I rushed over to Jeremiah and he told belly he would be back in a minute. He walked to me and led me outside the room. We walked down the main hallway passing by big windows. It was pouring rain out. Jeremiah pulled me into a small library room on the side. "seriously what the hell" i said to him. He looked at me with tears in his eyes. "Jere" i said realizing how sad he was. He took a pause before saying "my mom's cancer is back." and broke down into tears.

My heart sank. Susannah had to go through to much last time how could she go through it all again? I stood there in shock. I felt tears rush to my eyes and so many questions and thoughts came to my head at once. I hugged Jeremiah and he tried wiping his tears and pulling himself together.

"Conrad knew this whole god damn time!" he yelled throwing his hand down. My jaw dropped and my chest caved inwards. Everything clicked. He was so upset about everything he knew abt her and everything this whole time. I tried pulling myself together quickly. "Jere, i know this is a lot to ask but please pull it together and go back out there for belly please" I pleaded trying to gather myself. Belly still had no idea of any of this we couldn't ruin her night anymore. "dude i can't" he said and sat down in one of the chairs resting his head in his hands.

I sighed and walked out of the room. I ran down the hallway in tears to the front of the building. I took my phone out and texted Conrad asking him where he was. Just as i did i saw him standing outside under the side covering of the building with tears in his eyes. I busted through the front doors out into the rain. He locked eyes with me and he started walking towards me. I walked fast to him and threw my arms around his neck sobbing into his shoulder. He grabbed my waist and hugged me so tight. I felt tears fall from his face down onto my skin. We were standing in the middle of the rain but i didn't care and i wasn't gonna let go and neither was he.

In this moment i didn't care about us trying to separate, or that this was belly's night. I didn't care that she didn't want us together. I didn't care that i hurt her for it. I would stand in his arms for the rest of my life. I would hold him in my grasp forever. I cared for him so much, more than i cared for myself.

I loved Conrad.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
A/N - saddest thing ever. but it will get happy dw! tmr i'll write again and maybe publish another chapter but i got 2 out today so not sure yet. ILYSM FOR 44k reads that's crazy🥰

I updated this chapter after i published it so if you read it the day i posted it i changed a bit sorry!