susannah

We stood like this for a good minute or two. I was getting drenched my hair was sopping wet and the bottom of my dress was completely soaked. He pulled away and i moved my hands up to his face. He looked so heartbroken it made my heart shatter. "it's going to be okay" i cried my voice shaking. He held my hand to his face and looked into my eyes shaking his head softly no. "it's worse than before" he said. I exhaled not knowing what to say or do to comfort him.

We heard people come through the doors and we turned to see everyone. We walked out of the rain to them susannah was sobbing. Everyone was. We all drove home quickly and silently, the car ride was completely silent other than everyone trying to hold in their crying. We got to the house and i went upstairs to room and cried into my bed. This had to have been the worst thing to happen this summer. Susannah nearly lost her life last time i cannot imagine the pain the boys are going through.

My mom came in and talked to me about it and brought us all into Belly's room to be in heartbreak together. We all just laid in the bed as mom hugged all of us tight trying to explain the process that susannah would have to go through in order to have the slightest chance of survival. She explained that she wasn't going to do the treatment. Susannah told mom that she didn't want to go so soon but she didn't want to suffer and have her boys watch. My mom knew about this since before we got here but she didn't wanna ruin the summer. Susannah had said all she wanted was all of us here for one last great summer together.

After a while of just staying in each others presence we all calmed down. Every once in a while i would feel the need to cry but no tears came out. Steven and mom left and just as i was about to the leave belly said "Liv" I turned around my hand just barely on the door nob. She paused swallowing hard. "i'm sorry" she began to cry again, this time much different than the last.

I quickly walked back to her and hugged her to comfort her still not entirely sure what she was crying about. "what" i said softly trying to be kind so she could just tell me. "i saw how he looks at you." she pauses. My tension released and i exhaled. "how it's so different from the way he looks at me" she pauses again to take a breath. I loosen my grip on the hug and slowly pull away keeping our arms in touch. "you guys out in the rain together, you guys in the kitchen, you guys on the car ride home. I'm sorry i tried to break that apart." she said wiping her tears away to look up at me. "Belly. it's okay" i paused. "no, i'm sorry. he won't ever love me the way he loves you." I just looked at her. I truly forgave her.

I didn't say a word i just looked at her and hugged her again. This time i did a small squeeze of appreciation and kissed the top of her head. I let go and slowly walked out of her room. "you looked absolutely beautiful tonight" i smiled softly and she looked back at me with a sweet smile.

I closed the door to her room and went back to mine. I finally changed out of my dress and into a tank top and loose shorts. I sat on the edge of my bed. I couldn't stop thinking about Conrad. He was in my head 24/7 i wanted to comfort him i wanted to hug him. I wanted to tell him that i'm here for him and that I care. He knew this whole time and everyone just thought he was being an asshole. I wanted to tell him that he can talk to me and that he should have never had this burden on his own.

I wanted to tell him I loved him.

I went to the bathroom to wash my face off my makeup looked horrible. I washed it off and applied skin care. I brushed out my hair and put oils in it. I took a deep breath and looked at myself then walked out. I wanted to see susannah. I walked downstairs and she was walking to her room. "Susannah" i said my voice cracking a little. She turned around with tears welding up in her eyes and frowned at me. I ran to her and gave her a hug. She cried to me and i couldn't hold it together i cried more. We pulled away and she said "come here" and we went into her room.

She sat me down on the bed and held my hand with one hand and wrapped the other around me into a hug. I looked at her as she began to speak.
"i'm sure your mom told u everything, but" she began and took a breath. "i just talked it over with the boys and i'm going to do the treatment." She smiled. I smiled so big at her and hugged her so tight. I cried more into her shoulder as she rubbed my back comforting me.

I pulled away still holding her hand. "i love you susannah" i said to her and she smiled. We paused for a second before she said. "I saw you and Connie out there today" and laughed softly. I laughed and smiled at her. "I knew it this was going to be the summer" she smiled. "i always wished it would be you two" she whispered to me. "yea, me too" i said and she kissed me on my forehead. "okay, don't worry about me i'll be fine. go get some sleep" she said and i stood up and walked out of her room.

I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and walked back upstairs.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
A/N - this chapter is so cute. Tysm for all the reads ahhh❤️🙏