Ch.3- So simple it's almost silly

Jiyeon held her phone and asked Mrs. Lee, “Did you give my number out to someone?”

Mrs. Lee thought for a moment, “No.” 

Seeing this, her mom who stood beside her quickly answered, “Oh, last time you said you didn’t leave her a phone number so I gave it to Hyunjung's aunt when I went to meet her.” 

“When did you meet her?” Jiyeon asked. 

Her mom didn’t answer her and asked in surprise, “Did Hyunjung contact you?

Jiyeon was speechless, this mother of hers was good at selling out her daughter!

“Did she or did she not? What did she say?” her mom continued to pester Jiyeon.

Jiyeon abruptly turned around and walked into her room, locking the door behind her. She ignored her mother’s badgering from outside and stared at the text. 

She still felt like they weren’t too compatible. 

Wasn’t this person just too stuffy, too boring, too … naive?

Jiyeon’s impression of Hyunjung was that she was just too simple and sincere at her age, so simple it’s almost …(T/N: *hint* look at the chapter title!!)

Whoops.

It seemed kind of rude to think about someone like that behind their back. 

But Hyunjung’s beauty was just too tempting!

However, no matter how tempting or beautiful one’s face it would still be way too boring if the other party just sat there with no interest in starting a conversation.

She glanced at the short text again, her conflicting heart making her bury her face in her hands. Should she reply?? 

Jiyeon contemplated and then sighed, she had to admit she couldn’t help but be tempted by this rare treasure.

After hesitating, she replied: 【Hyunjungssi has my phone number ^_^】

After sending it, Jiyeon leaned against the wall and waited for her reply. 

She waited till evening. Even later, when she was broadcasting and her friends were asking her to join a game, her phone never buzzed once. 

Jiyeon helplessly flipped over her phone and set it face down on her desk. Then after answering a few questions from the fans in her chat, she set up her face cam while slowly booting up her streaming site and game. 

A barrage of messages appeared in her chat:

【Wow! Kim Jiyeon isn’t wearing makeup today~~】

【Kim Jiyeon's natural beauty is also cute!!!】

【Our Jiyeonnie seems sad today, did something happen?】

【Did you get plastic surgery, how else can someone’s face be that small…】

【Emmmm…hey hater upstairs, can you leave, OK? With your idol in your ID, you’re probably trying to do something bad like hack her, right?】