x. he didn't leave, i did

"Shinohara is in a coma!" He laughs, maniacally. Gripping his hair upwards.

"He's dead? No no! Coma!"

He then smiles.

"Juuzou" I say softly.

"Shinohara....stronger...dead? No!" He rambles, his fingers pulling his hair and banging his hand against the wall making the room fill in with metal thumps.

"Rei" I say more clearer and louder.

"Shinohara is alive. Just sleeping. He's okay" he briefly looks at me then at his missing leg replaced with metallic robot capacity. "You did everything you could to save him" I add, comforting myself with the blankets sprawled.

It takes a few minutes then he looks at me.

"Where's your boyfriend?" He tilts his head in a twisted way and leans to me. I sigh and rubbed my arms.

"We....aren't talking"

It wasn't a lie. We really weren't talking. He had lashed out that morning, storming off 'to kill CCG', to avenge the deaths of the people he cared about. To avenge my future death. I covered my face when juuzou didn't get the message, merely leaning even more and having wide eyes of curiosity.

I haven't seen Kaneki since.

"What?" 

I groan. "It's complicated"

"It's complicated if you don't explain, did he lose his mouth?" he grabs a pillow and made himself comfortable.

"No. It's well....he went out"

"Ah, so he left!" He exclaimed as if he had finally gotten the message. Giving me a slightly sympathetic grin.

"No, I did"

Juuzou whips his head in pure confusion and in bliss. "Your relationship is crazier than me" he adds.

I roll my eyes, "tell me about it"

•°•°•°•°•

The scientist-like man glares at me.

His two hands touching each other as his foot taps in an even rhythm. He clicks his tongue and shoved an envelope to me from across the metal table.

"You're discharged"

I blinked three times. There was no way I was discharged by the amount of stages they made me go through.

"Am I?"

He clicks his tongue and taps his finger.

"Not quite. You're going to joining our functional squad of artificial ghouls.