xii. jealousy, jealousy

Him

"We better not see you making out with him" Kuki speaks into the earpiece. He can't help but feel a small tug in his chest.

Then out of instinct, he throws a punch in the way of his comrade.

"Sasaki!" Ginshi holds his arm in a deadly grip. Looking at him with a frown and confusion. Sasaki pants as he's finally noticed what's he's done.

Kuki merely raises an eyebrow.

He retracts his arm and dusts off the invisible dusts. "My apologies" he mutters and it's enough for everyone to hear. The two girls in his squad were slightly smirking at his actions.

"Umm....I don't know your name" he hears your voice speak gently and he knew you were throwing a smile at the ghoul's face. He rubbed his temples, everytime you spoke there was this slight throbbing of his head.

It tingled up and down to his spine.

He didn't know why.

He decided to turn off the earpiece connecting to yours, not wanting to be distracted by the heavily amounts of headaches he'd be having if he continued to hear your conversation. Briefly, a few minutes passed and when he looked at his members who nodded at him. He gestured for them to go in.

Thump. Their boots hit the concrete and they were already using Thier quinques to slash out the ghouls in the club.

"Where's (Y/N)?" He presses his device while merely dodging an attack.

"Why wont- this door open?!" Ginshi yells.

"They're coming, I'll take them on my own" Kuki announces. Glancing left, seeing many more ghouls line up with their kagunes exposed.

Tooru adds "Use your quinques"

Dammit

He turns towards the golden door, seeing Ginshi and Saiko hitting it with their quinques and their foot. It made a loud metal sound but it stayed intact. He clicks his ear, hearing a distinct glitch of sounds before a a huge crack follows.

"What was that?" Saiko glances at her partner.

Ginshi pounds on the door "The door won't open! We need something explosive-"

"Hurry up!" It's your voice. It sounded frightened and worried, he inhales at the slight tingle then he's aiming at the door with full speed. A huge dent forming.

"Use your kagune!" He yells at them with more force than necessary.

"Ow"

A few seconds then a massive crack echoes through everyone's earpiece, it sounded as if something had been broken. Sasaki feels his familiar sense of tentacle like kagune erupt from his back and he hits the door, the lock blew off in hinges.

"(Y/N)"

No response. He hits the door with his might, almost hitting his members.

"(Y/N)?"

He only heard shallow breathing. This time, he's unintentionally killing other ghouls while pounding on the heavy material.

"It's such a shame it ended like this. I enjoyed you the most" a masculine deep voice enters the line. The tone is sadistic and feigning pity.

"But now you're going to die"

The door finally breaks free. It took awhile for him to register the sight before him. The girl in black dress had red liquid pouring out of her torso and some on her legs, her body is slouched against the wall. He doesn't see her face as the man with a suit is blocking it accompanied by heavy ropes.