36. Leaving you to save a life (part 2, Regina Mills)

Part two of : leaving you to save a life. You have to read part 1 before this one, it's one shot 17!
————————————————————————
Y/n's POV

You sighed deep as you put a couple of bags in your car, deciding the unexpected. Go home, go back to Storybrooke and face your family after four years. Regina would be furious, but you knew she did search for you as she was that kind of mom. She could be very stubborn and mad sometimes, but deep down she really cared and had probably cried about you leaving.

You had left no explanation, the day you left when you were fourteen and pregnant. You were wondering if your boyfriend knew, your now ex you supposed. His name was Sage and he was sixteen when you left, an age gap of two years. Not that bad, you were overall already together at the age or thirteen and fifteen. Now he would be twenty, and you were eighteen. You were wondering how he was doing, and if he would like to ever see you again after those years. He did feel like your soulmate, he was able to make you laugh all the time and make you feel like the most beautiful girl in the world. But as you got older, he might have turned into a more grown up version, just like you did.

"Mommy? Can Momo join?" Your daughter Reagan asked as she showed you her little teddy bear, the one she got when she was born. She was obsessed with it, in a good way at least. She was three, she was allowed to love stuffed animals and have any toys she wanted. There was a limit ofcourse, but you didn't force her into liking barbies or dolls, cars and dinosaurs were fine too. But your little girl choose to love something very specific, and that was Harry Potter. She had her own uniform and pet, she did go for a baby Niffler as her buddy.

"Ofcourse baby, he can always join us. Are you gonna show him everything on our way and when we're there?" You smiled wide as you kneeled down in front of the toddler, a mini you. She had your hair color and eyes, but the smile of her dad. Her personality was a bit of a mix, but she had a lot of good traits you got as well. You were a very proud mom, even at the age of eighteen. Luckily you got help over the years from your best friend that you met in London, but overall you did most of it yourself. You knew everyone would tell you you couldn't do this, but you did and you were proud of it.

"Yes! Cows and trees! And Donald's! I want Donald's." She laughed softly as she was referring to the McDonald's, it was one of the best food places all over the world if you would ask me. She loved a happy meal from time to time, you had a McDonald's date with her at least once a month. "You can on the way there sweetie, we have to stop a few times because the drive is long. We even have to go with a boat. You like those?" You picked her up and kissed her cheek, making her giggle at you. "Yes! But I no swim!"

It took hours, even longer than a day to finally arrive close to Storybrooke. There were ten minutes left and you were getting very nervous, and sweaty. Your daughter was sleeping, she didn't even know what was going on. You told her where you were going but she wouldn't understand much, especially not the backstory. She wouldn't understand about the teen mom thing, or about Regina forcing you to get an abortion or being scared her dad would leave you because of the pregnancy. It's nothing a three year old should worry about, it was your job to keep her happy and innocent for now.

You saw the town line after some minutes and took a deep breath, you could still turn around if you wanted to, but you didn't. You passed the town line and drove straight to the town, where your mom would be and the people you loved all those years ago. It wouldn't be easy, and maybe she would send you away, but you had to give it a try and show your face again. Else you would feel guilty for years, not introducing your daughter to your home and the magic it had. You hummed along with some music to calm yourself and went to your house, hoping it was still Mills property.

You parked the car and checked the backseat, she was still sleeping. You wouldn't wake her up, not for the drama that had to come. You got out of the car and let her stay, there was a baby phone and camera just in case. You walked towards the front door and saw the familiar house plate, even your name was still on there. Regina and Y/n Mills, that's what it said with the house number above it. You knocked carefully and looked around for any sight of movements or people, there wasn't much yet. But you did hear foot steps coming towards the door, it has to be her. It had to be Regina, mom to be exact.

Suddenly the door swung open, but it wasn't Regina. "Zelena?" You frowned a bit as your eyes met hers, a bit of shock to be seen on her face and in her eyes. "Y/n? Is that you?" She blurted out loud, not sounding too happy as she spoke. You nodded slowly and stood there a bit awkward, what could you even say after those years..

"REGINA! Come here now! Front door!" Zelena yelled loud, making you frown and cover your ears. Your daughter could yell loud but Zelena? Even worse than a toddler. "My ears, thankyou Zelena." You chuckled softly and heard your mother coming down from the stairs, the familiar sound of heels touching the floor to be heard. "What is it Zelena? What's wrong?" She asked when suddenly she saw you, and her body froze like she suddenly became Anna of Arendelle.

"No, it's not.. no." Mom mumbled as tears filled up her eyes and she stared at you in disbelief. "Yes, hi. I am back, nice surprise huh?" You chuckled a bit awkward and waited for her to do something, you weren't sure if she was relieved or angry with you yet. She wiped her tears away and pulled you into a tight hug, you were barely able to move or breath. "Where the hell have you been Y/n? Even though I'm so glad you're alive and well here, I was super worried. And I'm still mad at you, I know you left by yourself and why." Regina suddenly spoke with anger and a hint of worry.

"I was and kinda am still mad at you for what you said. I was never gonna abort, never. And you were gonna take my right away, I do have my own voice and choices I can make." You spoke as you tried to sound confident, but at the same time hoping she would apologize and you could be a family again. You were mad at her for years, but that didn't mean you didn't miss your mom and the good memories you had. She was the best mom, she really was until that moment.

She nodded slowly and sniffed a bit. "I know and I regret what I said all those years ago. I was just worried for you and a bit scared. It's hard to realize that your fourteen year old daughter is pregnant. I know you would have been a good mom but you were super young, you were a kid and I wanted to protect you." Regina explained as she cupped your cheeks with her hands, finally apologizing for what she did. You felt relieved and nodded slowly, with time it would maybe be okay again. You decided to forgive her and hugged her again, pulling Zelena along.

"So.. mom? Ready to meet your granddaughter?"