10. wine glass

song: dRuNk by Zayn

Harry's eyes snap back into reality from where he was staring into nothing as the guys phone rings.

He takes it out of the inside pocket of his suit jacket and looks at the screen. "Gotta take this one" He grins, not even fucking apologizing. "Is pretty boy still gonna be here when I come back?" He asks and god, Harry notices he hasn't even asked for his name yet. It's been almost an hour.

"Of course." Harry smiles extremely nicely, tucking some hair behind his ear and then folding his hands on the bar.

"Good. We could move somewhere else, then" The man says and Harry smiles again, shrugging.

Playing hard to get is the key if you want more drinks. "Maybe"

The man laughs, shakes his head and turns around to walk away, ringing phone in hand.
The moment he's out of sight, Harry's posture sags and he groans, covering his face in his hands. God, this is awful. He can't believe he actually got drunk for this guy.

Next to him is a chuckle and Harry slowly lifts his head to find the bartender smile down at the wine glasses he's washing, towel over his shoulder.

"I'm impressed," He says, still not meeting Harry's eyes, "Wouldn't have survived it that long."

"The things you do for free drinks," Harry sighs and the boy laughs again. He's probably about Harry's age, brown messy hair and a posture that promises he's not really in this scene of this party, not normally.

"I bet you could get drunk easier. Get this drink, walk three steps and have another guy buying one for you, they're all ogling."

Harry smiles lazily and vaguely thinks he reminds him a bit of Louis. Louis. He needs Louis. But he knows he can't turn his head around to look for him, he would get dizzy.

"Thanks, uh" He only says instead and takes a few embarrassing long moments to read his name tag, "Ashton"

At that, bartender guy, Ashton, finally looks up and grabs the towel from his shoulder. He's fairly cute. Not as cute as Louis. God, Harry is losing his mind.

"I'm serious," Ashton says glancing around and turning his body towards Harry while he dries off the glasses. "I don't know why you bother with this one when for starters you're obviously not interested and above all have many other, way more gorgeous guys fancying you here."

Harry giggles and hiccups. "Really?"

"Mhm" Ashton hums, looking towards the left. "Like that guy over there, who has been watching you all evening. And dude let me tell you, he doesn't wanna bed you, he seriously looks like he's had one of these instant crush flash strokes"

Harry raises his eyebrows, not turning around because that would be obvious and he's a master of the art of seduction, thank you very much.

"What does he look like?"

"Short" Ashton says, "But man, he's hot. Wears a top, outfit looks kinda out of place" Harry's lips part. "And he sort of looks like a hedgehog"

"Fuck" Harry groans and drops his forehead into the countertop.

"What?" Ashton chuckles. "Are you that into hedgehog guys?"

"It's not that" Harry whines, voice muffled by his arms. "I know him. I'm here with him, it's a complicated story and I can't tell you because you'd have to throw me out but basically I couldn't stand him till a few days ago and now I kinda wanna..." Harry makes weird hand gestures with his head still facing down. "You know"