3. just act normal

song: on a night like tonight by Niall Horan

"I'm fucking hungryyyyy," Louis whines, leaning on Harry while they walk, different incredible smells of food flooding around in the air.

"I'm so hungry I could eat my stomach." Louis dramatically rubs over said stomach, closing his eyes in agony. 

"And how are you going to digest it, then?" Harry replies mindlessly while looking around the houses in awe. Louis next to him stays quiet.

To that, he apparently doesn't have an answer.

It's getting dark again and they just walked the whole day, finally coming across a bigger village for once, with restaurants on the streets and fairy lights hanging above the tables, creating a cozy atmosphere. They haven't talked much all day, mostly both deep in thoughts.

They've tried to ask some people where the next train station is, but were pretty unsuccessful. Not that they would know how to pay for a train ticket, of course.

Harry only hums and pushes Louis off of himself.

Louis suggested to just climb onto the train, like on the roof like they do in movies and of course he would suggest that. Harry had to explain all the ways they could tragically die if they did that, before Louis accepted it might have not been the best idea he ever had.

Harry used his phone (which now has three percent left - the hot temperature is not helping) for a second to check the vague direction they have to go in, and at least they're on the right way, so now they just agreed to get food and find a place to sleep, and try their luck again tomorrow.

While Harry might have missed some of Louis' talking yesterday, he definitely did not miss this; Louis has been whining for the last hour, about everything that's bad right now.

He's been acting like a child the entire day and Harry has rolled his eyes so much he got a headache. It's too hot, it's too dry, no wind and no humidity. They're sweating, tired, with aching backs and aching feet and aching stomachs.

And Louis is pretty goddamn annoying.

But at least they're in a very cute village, thats basically the only positive thing right now.

Harry is just about to yawn once again, when he spots something in the middle of the pedestrian street they just turned onto.

There's a small fountain with a statue of a mermaid playing the violin and Harry stops, taking his camera out of his backpack and snaps a picture, squatting down for the angle. Louis just stands next to him, looking bored out of his mind, examining his fingernails.

At least he doesn't let another annoying comment leave his lips, as he has been doing the entire day. Which is actually quite impressive since this extra waiting must be pure torture for him and his 'aching and crying stomach', as he put it.

Louis is a drama major, you know.

And it seems like his mission is to annoy Harry until he will break and throw him down a cliff. And honestly, Harry is dangerously close to doing that. He will do it if he doesn't get anything to eat within the next two hours.

There is a group people walking by, and they have to separate into two halves to walk around them because Harry is taking the pictures and he sure as hell won't move. He's just trying out different angles of the light.

"Sorry about him," Louis says to the by-passers, smiling nicely. "He's a tourist."

Harry glances up at him just to shoot him a death glare, snaps a final picture and straightens back up.