11. we held darkness and withheld clouds

song: lights up by Harry Styles

"Okay" Louis says, lifting Harry's arm off of him as soon as they're outside. "What was going on?"

"I don't know what it is," Harry mumbles in deep thought. "But I just feel so different after five to seven cocktails."

"Harry."

Harry giggles at Louis' stern voice. "Louis, I was just-" hiccup. "Being adventurous and spontaneous like you said. This man wanted to have sex with me on his yacht, that's pretty adventurous isn't it? I just did what you said I should."

"Not like this," Louis says and Harry imagines him as an angry hedgehog.

"Are you jealous?" He giggles more at that ridiculous thought.

Louis only sighs, going through his hair with one hand.

Harry looks at a butterfly flying by, until his eyes refocus on Louis as good as they can when he starts talking again.

"Lets get the motorcycle and drive a bit away so the music is quiet and you can sleep" He says, eyeing Harry with concern. Harry, for that matter, is slightly distracted by Louis' beauty, but he manages to listen to what he says while he gets lost in his eyes. "I'll get you some cold water and painkillers in the morning and if you're lucky I'll even hold your stupid long hair out of your face when you throw up"

"Stop doing that," Harry says because it's a shit thing to do.

"Uh?" Louis asks, looking as if his brain is running in lightening speed, trying to figure out what exactly it is he's doing. "Doing what?"
Harry plays with the hem of his sleeve and somehow he can't take his eyes off of Louis' lips.

"Stop saying things that make me want to kiss the hell out of you"

Louis' lips part and he stares up at Harry for several moments, caught completely off guard, it seems. Harry starts giggling again and steps forward, but Louis reaches out to stop him, keeping him at an arms length.

"Harry..." He says after a long silence.

"Louis." Harry slurs out.

"You're drunk"

"No" Harry shakes his head vigorously. "I'm Harry"

Louis covers his face in his hands. "Oh god."

Harry just giggles, filled with glee that just appeared out of nowhere. Maybe it came from this cute hedgehog being near him. He walks away, not minding to inform Louis and starts trying to climb a tree.

"And he's climbing a tree" He hears Louis say behind him. "What else should he be doing?"

Harry laughs loudly as he hears Louis starting to walk after him quickly. Thinking their playing tag, he tries to climb faster, but his foot gets stuck and his hand slips. He closes his eyes and prepares to hit the ground from a thousand foot height, but instead only feels Louis' arms around him. He opens his eyes and realizes he was barely at hip height, but he lets his body go lax and sinks back into Louis' embrace entirely.

"We're leaving," Louis says, and Harry smiles.

"No, we're Louis and Harry"

"I'll give you one last chance to shut the fuck up or else I'm going to leave you here on the road."

Harry's mouth shuts immediately because he really wants to stay with Louis. Like, all the time, would be great.

"Good" Louis says and turns slightly to take a grip around Harry's waist, his hand carefully avoiding the slowly healing wound there. Harry clings to him and almost falls asleep as Louis walks them the small way until they reach their motorcycle, peacefully standing exactly where they left it. Louis pats Harry's head slightly as a signal for him to take it off his shoulder, takes his helmet and brushes his hair out of his eyes before he puts it on gently.