Chapter One

Chester walked up to his uncle's house, coming home from his first day of kindergarten. His uncle watched him and his younger half sister until his father got off work.

Chester rang the doorbell.

"Hey, Chazzy!" His uncle, Roy, beamed as he opened the door. Chester smiled and stepped inside. The house was always so warm and cozy, Chester liked it here more than he did at his cold, empty home. He spotted his younger half sister, Toby, playing a video game on the tv. She stopped once she noticed Chester.

"Chester!" She greeted him warmly and hugged him tightly. She loved her big brother. "How was school?"

"Awesome! We have a music class and the teacher played some instruments for us... It was amazing!" Chester hugged his small body. Roy picked him up and placed him over his shoulders. Chester giggled.

"Someone's smelly and needs a bath!" Roy chuckled and Chester looked at Toby.

"He's talking about you!" Chester tried, hoping it wasn't him who needed one.

"No, I had one earlier." Toby said, oddly quietly. Chester tilted his head, wondering why his sister seemed so strange all of a sudden. Roy began walking towards the bathroom, Chester still hanging onto his shoulder. Toby ran behind them. "Can't Chazzy take a bath when he gets home?"

"Nope, he needs one before he leaves." Roy insisted and Chester felt odd. He's never had to take a bath here before, he wondered why he had to have one today. "There's lots of sticky gross things at school, I don't want Chazzy to get sick from that."

"But he won't!" Toby cried out and Chester suddenly felt scared to take a bath. Toby must've not wanted him to take one for a reason.

"Toby, leave." Roy snapped and pushed her out the door, slamming it behind her.

Chester snapped awake before his real life nightmare could further to the worst part of his memory. He sighed, hating he had this dream so often. He sat up and tried to quietly go to the bathroom but he wasn't quiet enough.

"Chester Bennington! Get your ass down here!" His dad's voice boomed, causing Chester to shiver. He wasn't ready for this.

~

Mike sighed to himself as he gripped the bars of his cage and lazily attempted to wiggle them. They would only move slightly, not enough to break free. He allowed some pained tears to caress his dirty cheeks and fall to the mud covered floor beneath him. He was living like an animal.

Scott placed him in the cage immediately when they arrived at his home. Mike hadn't been out of it but a few times, just to get put into a different cage or so he could do some sort of musical task. He had lost a few pounds but it wasn't so noticeable as Scott wanted him looking healthy so he fed him hearty meals, trying to keep his weight normal.

Mike is only allowed to bathe when he has to preform in front of a crowd and he has to look happy and excited or else it will lead to a beating from Scott. Mike hasn't stepped out of line since the first couple of shows, which he yelled and screamed for someone to help him and that Scott had kidnapped him but he was dragged away and the audience went home believing he had a mental issue.

Mike was currently apart of something called Fort Minor, with a few other people who knew nothing about his kidnapping or force to be here. They thought of him as a friend but Mike knew Scott would kill them if they didn't make him enough money, which he had told Mike before.

The door to Scott's basement opened and Mike cringed at the fresh light pouring into the room. He came downstairs and opened the cage. When he first arrived, he would've immediately began to rebel against Scott but now Mike was too afraid of him to even begin saying a word out of place.