Chapter Seven

Chester waited in the art room early like usual. He was looking down at his table, remembering everything from yesterday. He couldn't get what his half sister said out of his head. He and her were both perfect examples of sexual abuse victims. It was true, unfortunately, and Chester knew it. He wished it wasn't but the sexual abuse from his earlier childhood impacted him more than he thought it had. Now that it's starting again, he can't even imagine how much more hurt he'll be.

Mike stepped into the classroom earlier than usual, instantly attracting Chester's attention. Mike sat down next to Chester and was about to say something when Mr. Aoki walked in.

"Don't get comfy, boys. I made a seating chart." He said and Chester's face immediately fell.

'Why?!' He wanted to cry out. 'Why? Why would you do this to me?! I finally have a friend and you're just going to take him away from me?! How could you?!'

Instead he just looked back down at his desk, tears forming in his eyes. Mike took notice and shot a cold glare towards Mr. Aoki.

"Why?" He snapped and the teacher sighed.

"I find it easier to be in charge of the kids." He excused his actions and Mike huffed and gave him a cold glare until he left.

"Fucking hell."

"I'm sorry about yesterday, Mike." Chester said softly and Mike's heart felt like it imploded.

"It wasn't your fault. None of this is." Mike replied and Chester just shook his head. "What happened exactly?"

"He knocked me out after you shouted something to me and...yeah." Chester said shortly and Mike put his arms around the smaller boy and hugged him.

"He won't hurt you again. I won't let him."

"How? If I don't go back there, my dad will kick my ass."

"So will mine... But they won't find me either. We're running away." Mike decided and Chester instantly felt nervous about the decision.

"H-how? Where are we going to go?" He asked and Mike bit his lip.

"I'll figure something out today, I swear. You are not going back there." Mike said firmly and stood. He was about to walk out the door to get a head start on searching for shelter for the two of them but Chester stopped him by grabbing his arm.

"Wait!" He cried out and Mike looked at him with soft eyes. "M-my half sister, Toby, she needs to come with. She-she can't stay with Roy."

"Do you know where we can find her?" Mike asked but Chester just shook his head. "Let's just go to the police."

"I don't know..."

"Come on." Mike grabbed his hand and yanked him out of his seat, pulling him out of the classroom. Chester stumbled but followed after catching his step.

~

Mike saw the police station that he had Chester guide them too, considering he still didn't know his way around. They stopped behind a bush and sat on their knees, facing each other. Mike held onto either side of Chester's face and looked deeply into his eyes.

"Stay here. I'll call you in if I need to but I'll just tell them about your dad, if they call him in, I don't want you to get into trouble." Mike said, then ran his thumb across his cheek bone. Chester nodded and Mike leaned in, giving Chester a quick kiss without realizing what he was doing.

Chester stayed frozen and Mike hurried off inside the station, still not thinking about what he just did. He was great at acting without thinking.

Mike walked up to the front desk and the lady behind it gave him a kind smile.