Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER:I do not own greys anatomy or any of the characters other than those that I made up. Have a lovely day.
Episode 1

Flora's opens at 8 o'clock every morning and today was no different. Other than the strange man in the owner's living room due to her sisters "residency dinner", and the fact that it was her sisters first day of her surgical intern year. Greta felt bad for the man, he looked worse than her sister, who has a fascination with tequila.

"Meredith, yoo-hoo, Meredith" Greta whispers as she pokes her repeatedly. "Today is your first day, you have to wake up or you are going to be late." Greta says with more force behind her pokes.

"Ok, Ok I'm awake." Meredith says while slapping her sister's hand away.

"So, who is the random man in my living room? I thought you were just going to a get to know you type of thing, I didn't think it was this type of get to know you."

"We met at a bar after"

"Ok well you should probably wake him and get ready; I wasn't lying when I said you were going to be late."

"Shit"

Greta went to the kitchen leaving Meredith in the living room to deal with the... situation. She heard mumbled words and footsteps going up the stairs rapidly and the front door opening. Trying to see what the guy really looked like after only seeing the back of his head, Greta looks out but only sees the same image as when he was laying down this time just vertical and what seemed to be running as he closed the door.

"Hey Midy, you really have to hurry up if you want to catch a ride with me!"

"I'm coming!"

A peaceful morning in the grey household to say the least.

XXX

Greta was nervous for her sister. She knows what intern year is like. Especially once people realize who she is, who she is related to. Med school is one thing, but out in the real world you can't quell people's expectations as easily.

"Ok, people will judge you easily, especially because of our last name. It will be hard, but Richard will explain everything in his speech that will most likely have started by the time you there." Greta explains to her sister.

"I know Greta, this isn't the first time I've been judged because of it, and it won't be the last, I got this. I did get into this program for a reason you know."

"I know, but it's just a different feel, it is physically and mentally exhausting and you realize how stupid some people are. Also don't expect a surgery the first day, I know you want to cut, everyone does. As Miranda says interns are all surgical junkies." Greta seems more nervous than Meredith at this point. "Don't make friends with the preppy ones, yes, they are nice, but the ones that will challenge you are the sharks. Be a shark."

"Are you done"

"What are you going to be?

"A shark"

"Then yes, I'm done and perfect timing to!" Greta exclaims as they pull into Seattle Grace.

"Alright by G love you"

"Love you too, Oh and Midy"

"Yeah?"

"Ignore everything that I just said that sounded like mom told you it."

"Already done"

XXX

Greta arrived at her flower shop earlier than usual. It was your typical flower shop. Rows of buckets filled with the most beautiful flowers. Greta could live in her shop and never want to leave if it came to it. She worked hard for it. Not only as a small business owner, but the daughter of Ellis Grey choosing to quit her residency in her third year was a difficult conversation.

She was 7 years older than Meredith. So, she knew about mostly everything that happened with her mother and father. She would overhear her mother on the phone with who she now knows is Richard. Greta knows why her father left; she just didn't know why he didn't take her with him, or why he never contacted her after he left.

Though who wants to hear about something so sad.

It was a normal day at Flora's, Greta opened, and the usual people came in. Charlie, an old man that takes flowers to his wife's grave and reads her a new book every week. Annabeth the college student that lives across the street from the store who says you can never have too many flowers. Betsy, who comes in with her dog Otis just to look around and occasionally buy something, "I just like being here." She would say

It hit lunch hour and the shop was a little bit slower so, Greta felt the need to stop by the hospital, not to check on Midy, but to see Miranda who was a year or two behind her in their residencies, and Greta got to know her they had become good friends. And it just so happens she is Little ole' Midy's resident.

As Greta walks into the reception area, she sees Miranda doing charts and mumbling to herself about something.

"Damn interns, of course I get the problem ones. I can't believe that Greta is related to such a-"

"A wonderful girl who is nervous on her first day, I assume is what you were going to say."

"If that is what you want to think then go for it."

"I will, want to go get lunch, we can have stimulating conversations, so your brain doesn't melt from the incompetence that is my sister and the other interns."

"I guess that would be alright, though I might have to leave due to my interns murdering someone."

"I expect nothing less"

"So, tell me the first impressions of everyone." Greta asks as they walk to the cafeteria

"Alright, there's Isobel Steven who is a kiss ass and seems nice but too nice in the way that it won't be a good thing but rather a disadvantage. Cristina Yang, cutthroat is putting it lightly, I haven't even seen her in the OR yet, but I can just tell that she is going to be fantastic. George O'Malley, he's a puppy I don't know if he'll make it through, but I can't help but root for him. Then there is your sister. I can tell she is smart, but she's on a difficult case with a teenage girl so we will see how that goes and then I will let you know what I think."

"Perfect, it does seem though that you have your work cut out for you. Hopefully they won't cause too much trouble, though I get a feeling I'm going to eat those words later."

"You and me both," Beep, Beep, "I got to go, one of the idiot interns, I'll stop by tomorrow to pick up the usual order." Bailey says just as they were about to sit down and starts to walk out of the cafeteria.

"Sounds good, guess I will just eat by myself."

"Greta is that you?" Someone calls from behind her.

She looks up and sees someone who she very much did not expect to see in this hospital, let alone, this side of the country.

"Derek, Oh my god, Hi!"

"Hey, how have you been, I haven't seen you since-"

"Your college graduation, and I've been good, I have my own flower shop down the street. How are you, are you and Addison still together?"

"I'm good, and no we are not." Derek said  almost timidly.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Though I have to ask, I thought you hated the west coast, what are you doing in Seattle?"

"I guess I just needed a change of scenery." Then his pager went off, it seemed important, so he ran off with a swift goodbye.

XXX

The rest of the day went by fairly fast, once Meredith got home it was evident that she was a little different, but in a good way, she seemed alive. Exhausted but alive, nonetheless.

Author note: forgot to put this earlier but this is my first story and I hope everyone likes it.