Chapter 13

SEASON 2 E 5

    The whole day had been a rainy shit show. Greta woke up with a raging hangover after drinking the night away with Bailey, who seemed to have drunk a lot less than Greta which is very unusual. Not only had the hangover made her day start off awful,  but when Greta had woken up it seems that Dylan had already been called in for the day. Meaning that something bad has happened, causing Greta to worry for the whole day. Finally, today was the day her mother was discharged from the hospital meaning that she had to interact with her because Greta can't keep leaving their mothers problems solely on Meredith.

    Gretas' shift has not been entertaining, with minimal traumas coming in despite the torrential downpour outside. Having been assigned to the pit by Derek who was still a little skittish around her since her outburst in the elevator, but with so little coming in she decided to go on a walk. Without getting far she gets paged about an incoming GSW victim, not caring that there was no mention of a head wound. Though as she turns the corner entering The ER her heart drops as she sees the police officers lining the walls. Her mind went into overdrive hoping that Dylan was either in the line or nowhere near the hospital. She sprints past the Policemen to the ambulance that just arrived, not even realizing that two interns had spawned behind her.

    As the doors open, she sees a familiar face on the gurney.

    "Tony Dinozzo, 33 years old, GSW to the chest. Immediate return of 860 CCs of blood from the chest." The paramedic said.

    "Oh man! This hurts." Tony says rather groggily.

    "I know man, but you are gonna be ok." Dylan says as he steps out of the ambulance holding on to Tony's hand.

    "He has put out more than 200 CCs in the past hour."

    Tony looks up at his doctors meeting Greta's eyes, a smile forming on his face, though it didn't last long.

    "Oh, hi Greta. How are you today, because I am in a little bit of pain. I won't lie. They never tell you in the movies how much it hurts to get shot."

    Greta looks up to Dylan, showing just how scared she was for his best friend. The group of doctors and captain wheeled into Trauma room 1. Alex and George start bickering about whose patient Tony is.

    "Push morphine, 2mg. Alex, this is my case." George says, sounding confident for once.

    "5 mg of morphine. You didn't call him." Alex replied to George. Greta was silently fuming wondering how stupid these interns must be if they are really fighting over the police officer patient as they are surrounded by his colleagues.

    "I don't have to call him. I was her first." What are they 10, this isn't the last chicken nugget this is someone's life Greta thought to herself.

    "You got here first because I let you.... Where are his chest films?"

    Greta doesn't stop her work making sure that there is nothing wrong with Tony's head. She looks up and locks eyes with Dylan. He is close to tears, barely holding himself together, ready to kill Alex and George for fighting over his best friend like he is some piece of meat. He gives her a look, asking, no pleading for her to do something.

    Greta finally speaks up, having let their argument go on long enough.

    "Shut the hell up. Ok, I don't give a shit which of you are on this case. He is not some toy that you two can fight over. He is a person and someone that I know and would very much like if he did not die because you idiots wouldn't shut up." Her eyes were wild. Another string snapping, leaving only strands left. "Now, page Dr. Burke tell him that you both are bringing up a GSW. I'll be right behind you, but I have to get some information really quickly. I will meet you in the OR."
    "But this isn't Neuro." Alex boldly states, hesitantly waiting for the response.