Chapter 3

Episode 4

Meredith and Greta were doing the bills before Pre-rounds. The topic of their mother did not come up very often, unless she was yelling at their roommates, because Greta's relationship with her mother had come to a standstill ever since she had told her she was quitting surgery to run a flower shop.

Ellis Grey was never the best mother; she was rather cold towards her daughter's. Never wanted them to go into surgery because she didn't think either of them were cut out for it. Though, that being said, if they were going to do it, why be ordinary at it when they could be extraordinary. So, when her oldest daughter, who fought just to get semi-approval from her mother to just go to med school, told her she was going to quit, well you can guess her reaction, but it's not like she remembers.

"Are you writing mom's check?" Greta asks as she was looking through everything.

"Yep, I've got it right here. You know you should go and visit her at least once."

"I don't owe her anything so no."

"Ok sorry for bringing it up." Meredith says as they hear yelling in the distance.

"What are they arguing about now?"

"Who knows."

Izzie walks into the room, clad in Hello Kitty underwear.

"Coffee." she asks, making the sisters look at her.

"Hello, kitty."

"I'm good, thanks blondie. I have a great day at work Midy.Oh also, whoever goes to the grocery store this week make sure they get tampons please. If you need me, I'll be asleep for the next 2 hours."

XXX

It's been a few days since Dylan had last been in. Greta wanted to see him again but had no way to contact him. And the more she thought of it, who was he buying the bluebells for, it was probably for a girlfriend, and he was an awful person. On the other hand, maybe, they are for his mother, and he is a wonderful person, Greta is leaning towards this one. The bell rang at the door and low and behold it was Dylan, in his smiling glory.

"Hello, I was wondering if you had any Bluebells?" He asks with a smile that was brighter than the sun.

"You know we just sold out, someone came in and bought all of them."

"Ahh, I see, then may I please have 2 bouquets of tulips please."

He remembered, Greta thought to herself.

"Yes, of course."

As she finishes with his flowers, she grows the courage to actually talk to him like a regular person.

"How are-,"

"How have-," they say at the same time and laugh.

"You go." He speaks.

"How have you been, I haven't seen you in here for a couple of days?"

"I've been good, just really busy with work."

"Oh, what do you do?"

"I'm a police officer, I'm actually the captain of my own bomb unit."

"That is really so terrifyingly cool." He laughs at her, not in a bad way, the way where the laugh comes with a look of adoration,

"Yeah, I guess it is," his smile could beat the most beautiful flower in the world in Greta's eyes, "But, um I was actually wondering, especially now since we know so much about each other, if you would like to get to dinner with me Friday night?"

Greta was in awe; he had actually asked her out.

"Yes, yeah, I mean, yes that sounds wonderful."

"Wonderful, here's my number, I'll pick you up at 8."

"Sounds perfect."

Greta couldn't wipe the smile off her face for the rest of her day.

AN: Really short chapter, not even 1,000 words, just wanted to get Dylan and Greta's date set. also, if you haven't figured out already, Dylan is the bomb guy.