Chapter 9

This chapter is extra long so enjoy<3
Season 2 Episode 1

Meredith has not spoken to me since she stormed away from our little fun time in the lobby. She headed towards Joes, which is understandable. I tried to stop her but when I called her name the look, she gave me reminded me of the look that she gets when our mother has a particularly bad day. Miranda walked into the lobby after she left and saw the redhead standing with Derek a little bit away from Dylan and me. I noticed her walking over, and I grabbed Dylan, almost forgetting that he had to witness all of what happened.

"Wh-What happened, you look like you just walked into the dead baby bike race? Who is the woman with Derek?"

"Um right first off, I don't think we will be able to do that double date. This is related to the redhead who happens to be Derek's ex-wife who actually isn't his ex-wife. Before you ask, he did in fact lie to both Meredith and I, by telling me that they broke up and just not mentioning anything about her to Meredith in general. So now everyone hates him because he is a massive piece of shit that built his life here out of lies and SOMEONE WHO I WILL HATE FOR A LONG TIME!" Raising my voice at the end so that he would be able to hear me from across the room, it seems my idea worked because Derek decided to walk over to us.

"Greta, I am so sorry. Please just let me explain. I promise there is a good reason for why I didn't tell you."

He is such a fucking idiot. Does he really think I'm going to listen to him, after everything that I just found out?!

"No Derek, you are the worst person I have ever met. Not only because you lied to me for months, but you just broke my sister's heart. She really opened up to you about things that she has only ever told me. You took advantage of her. Not only just with you being her boss and Meredith being an intern, so you are involuntarily asserting your power since you are a famous neurosurgeon that has immense influence throughout the hospital, and she is just an intern. How idiotic are you. God and you lied to me, which does not overshadow my sister's situation at all but everything that we have been through. College, as we know, not a good time for me so you doing this, someone who I classified as a person very near and dear to my heart, hurts. So, Dr. Shepherd when I come back to the hospital tomorrow don't, and I mean it. Do not speak to me unless it is related to a patient." With that I stormed away heading to Joes to try and apologize to my sister, leaving everyone behind.

As I leave, Dylan looks over to Derek and says, "If you come near her again or hurt her Derek I'll know, and you don't want to know what I will do."

Dylan and Miranda follow me out.

XXX

"How is it that your days always result in topics that would make amazing book chapters. Maybe I should quit surgery and just write a biography on you, Greta Grey. I think I'll call it 'Complications'."

I try not to laugh at Bailey because I'm still not in the best mood, but the alcohol in my system doesn't seem to know that. I haven't talked to Meredith yet. I see her at the bar, but I think she needs some time to let her cool down. Or I just don't want to deal with it because I am scared of confrontation, and I am very good at avoiding things. But you know who is to say.

"No Miranda come on; you can think of something better than that." Dylan sees that I'm sidetracked and just a little drunk he looks at me concerned.

"Darling are you sure you want to be here right now, we can leave. I mean Bailey even asked me to call Tucker to take her home, I'm a little confused about her marriage after seeing her contact's name for him."

"No, I want to be here, if we leave, I know I will just avoid Meredith and sit at home and drink scotch by myself. If I stay here, there is a chance that I will actually go up to her. I need to stay. Also, Tucker is kind of the worst so that makes sense, but don't tell Bailey I told you that."