road work ahead? uh, yea, I sure hope it does

A/N: it is 1 am, I'm sorry to everyone who has made it to this side of Wattpad, continue at your own risk
*A little about y/n: a 17 junior in hs in Tulsa, they're non-binary feminist in 2022, they like oldies music and alt sense of style, they're independent, play basketball, run track, and loves art.*
I woke up at the ungodly hour of 6 am to start getting ready for school. I chose to wear an alt outfit today. I looked really good in it.

*Imagine it's fit to you*     After a substantial breakfast of a granola bar I hopped in my car and began to drive to school

After a substantial breakfast of a granola bar I hopped in my car and began to drive to school. I turned on the music and it played doja cats new song, Vegas. The new Elvis movie had brought me back into my outsiders phase, and was currently re-reading the book kept in my purse. I'm not sure why I had an outsiders phase considering I'm a middle class citizen with no real problems. Maybe it was because they were just hot.
I tapped the steering wheel to the beat and didn't even realize the stop sign up ahead; by the time I saw the other car headed right for me, it was too late. The big truck slammed into me. The window crashed over my head and the passenger side of my car was smashed inches close to me. Before I could even catch my breath, another car slammed into me from my side, this time hitting me with a ton of force.
'goddamn, when I said I wanted something interesting to happen, I didn't mean lifetime trauma.' And that was my last thought as I blacked out.
I slowly blinked open my eyes, I was somehow lying in an alleyway unscathed. I still had my purse of necessities but my car was no where to be seen. I recognized the street as main street, but it was like it was out of a history book. I closed my eyes, maybe this was a dream.
"Hey here's a broad who looks like a good time." I heard a masculine voice say. I opened my eyes, three muscular guys in 50s clothing were standing over me.
"Watch your mouth, ya nasty. I understand you like vintage but you take it to the next level. Their eyes widened as I stood up.
"Youre one to speak, running around dressing like a whore."
"Uhm, I should inform you this is the current style and I look fabulous." I got right up in his face even though I was like 5'3 "now leave me the hell alone."
"I don't think so, I think we should teach you a lesson first." Two of them flipped out switch blades, they were finna catch a case. I took out my lipstick on my keychain. "What are you gonna do? Put makeup on us?" He stepped closer.
"Yea, maybe then youre eyes wouldn't look so beady." I pressed the little button on the side and tased him, I watched as his body hit the floor and wiggle. His friends ran off and I kicked him a few more times before leaving.
As I was walking down the sidewalk trying to figure out what was going on, I heard running footsteps coming towards me, I turned around and was facing two boys who looked similar in age to me. One had blonde hair and sparkling honey eyes, he almost looked like a movie star. the other had black hair combed into complicated swirls, and dark eyes.
"Can I help you?" I questioned, they stared in disbelief.
"We saw them socs try to jump you and we thought you might need some help."
"Oh no, I've got it handled thanks anyways." I began walking away. One grabbed my shoulder.
"Now wait a minute, what are you doing walking by your lonesome on the street? Especially in THAT outfit!" The one with black hair said, for some reason I felt like I knew the voice but I had to put him in his place.
"GOD! What is it with you guys and outfits! Haven't you ever been on Pinterest? It's the current style." They looked dumbfounded.
"Whats Pinterest?" The blonde one asked. Jeez, these guys were dumb. I took out my phone and clicked on the app. Their eyes widened. "What is that?" He asked.
"A phone?" I realized I had no signal so I shut it off.
"Naw, phones hang on the wall and don't have glass on em' you must be pulling our legs." I looked at them, no way they were serious.
"Um, are you okay? It's 2022, not the 40s." I laughed, let just looked confused.
"Ma'am are you feeling alright? The year is 1965." The one in black said. I shook my head and he nodded his. "Yup, look at the date on the paper." He pulled a newspaper out of his pocket, sure enough, the date was 1965.
"That's why I'm here with no explanation." I murmured. "Hey what are your names?"
"Sodapop Curtis." The blonde one said.
"Steve Randle." I took a deep breath, I was inside the outsiders.
"Sodapop, do you happen to have two brothers, Darry and Ponyboy?" He looked astounded.
"How did you know that?!" I rubbed my temples, my foolish 8th grade dream had come true.
"I think we should go somewhere more private and discuss this, it's a long story." They slowly nodded.
"Well it's almost 9 am, Soda were gonna be late, maybe you can help us at the DX?" I agreed and we made our way to the little convenience store.
Man, what a wild day.