and they were roomates

I slowly opened my eyes, I was on my belly and everything hurt. I started into the mirror in front of me that showed my horrific face that had now been burned. Everyone except Dally was standing solemnly around me. I felt bad that I was being such a downer.
"Hey, why the long faces?" I tried to smile but it hurt too much. Darry put a fist to his mouth and squeezed his eyes.
"The doctor says you might not live y/n." Two-bit whispered, The room was silent besides the beeping of the monitors. I don't even know what I was feeling, I was kinda sad but at the same time all I wanted was for the gang to have a smile on their faces.
"At least I'll leave as my spirit animal, a burnt chicken nugget." This time I smiled even though I felt like screaming. This time, there were a few low chuckles. "Where's dally?" I asked.
"Down the hall, he burned his arm getting you out." Soda said, maybe it was the mirror, but he didn't look the same as before, he looked... Faded.
"Tell him thankyou for me." They all nodded. The gang stayed in my room for a while, making the occasional small talk but mostly just silence, Darry had to go to work so everyone left to go see Dally. Soda stayed though.
"I read the book." He said flatly, he waited for me to respond but I didn't so he continued. "Thankyou for saving Johnny, I don't think we could make it without him. Not that I'm saying your life is less valuable than his but he doesn't deserve the short end of the stick."
"I know, I'm not offended."
"You're different, what are you feeling?"
"I don't know, shock I guess? I don't know what's going to happen once I die in this reality and it's kinda scary." He nodded.
"I think Johnny really likes you. He's been beside himself since you got here, the nurses had to practically pry his hand from yours."
"Yea, I think we're dating but it's not official." Soda looked stunned.
"Wow, that was a plot twist! I'm glad though, he's always needed someone to look after him and not just dally."
"Yea, it's a shame I'm going to die. I guess he deserves better than me anyways though."
"Y/n don't say that, you don't know if you're gonna die."
"Yes I do. It's in the book, it has to happen to further the plot." He was about to yell but just sighed.
"Yeah, you're right. I just- I don't like the idea of people dying after my parents-" his voice hitched. "I'm sorry, I gotta go." He left without another word.
After that, I pretty much just slept a while, after being in the same position for a few hours, the burns just kinda turned to aches. I heard a knock on the door and invited the person in, it was Johnny.
"Hey babe, how are you doing?"
"I've been better." I replied
"I just wanted to thank you for saving me. It means a lot."
"Of course, I'll always have your back, even if it's broken." He looked at me quietly.
"We've grown really close over the past week and I know it's fast but I don't know how much time I have left with you so-" he took a deep breath. "Will you be my girl? Officially?" I couldn't even feel the burns for a second, I was so happy. I smiled.
"Absolutely! Damn, i wish I could kiss you but I'm kinda in a predicament." He actually laughed, it was like music to my ears.
"There's a rumble tonight, can you wish me luck?"
"Luck? You don't need luck, we all know the greasers are gonna beat the socs." He smiled.
"You're right babe. Bye, love you." Though it was a short visit it was the best. I started to close my eyes when the doctor and a nurse walked in.
"Miss. L/n? I have some important things to address, if you don't mind."
"Yes if course, I'm not going anywhere."
"Well, your health is declining, I'm afraid you only have a few hours to live tops." I shut my eyes, not wanting to face reality. "Sharron will help you tie any loose ends, alright?"
"Alright, thankyou." He nodded and walked dutifully out of the room. Sharron, sat in the chair next to me.
"Where would you like your few possessions to go?"
"I would like the money to go to Darry, my protection keychain to Johnny, and my outsiders book to Soda. The rest can be divided up by the gang." I guessed giving the book to Soda would be the best option, since he has already read it. Sharron jotted down some notes.
"Alright now for letters, you tell me what you want to say and I'll write it."
"Alrighty." I wrote letters to soda, Johnny, pony, and dally. And within a few hours, the business was taken care of. My body felt really tired, like trying to function on exam day. I kept breathing, I couldn't die before I saw Johnny again. After what felt like forever, Johnny and Dally rushed in.
"Babe! We won! Babe! ... Babe?" My eyes were closing and my breathing was light.
"Johnny-" I could hardly breathe, my voice was even raspier now. "Johnny I love you, look at the stars for me okay? Maybe someday you'll reach em'" I couldn't make out any more words, my speech wasnt that inspiring but Johnny and I had bonded over stars not sunsets.
My eyelids shut without my permission and I heard the heart monitor stop. Before I fully passed I heard Dally tell Johnny not to freak out, it sounded like he was holding him back. I wanted to get up and hug Johnny again, tell him everything was fine but my body wouldn't move. I slipped away from consciousness, never feeling the burns again.