10

A/N

This should count as a double update because it's an extra long chapter please and thank you lol

I really hope the flashbacks and the time jumps don't get too confusing. Especially in this chapter. The formatting is getting hard cus I'm working with many lifetimes/aspects of the girls in this story so if something is too muddy for you gays—I mean guys 🙃— plssss let me know so I can explain or edit and get it right! I really want you guys to enjoy the story!

Anyways, carry on!

____________

Lisa thought that it would be easy finding Jennie's reincarnated human soul in her realm, even though it was so big. They were soulmates, their souls would recognize each other. Jisoo had made her timeless too, so even if they hadn't been soulmates Jennie would always look the same in every reincarnation, unlike the other humans so Lisa would have recognized her. Lisa searched tirelessly around the realm for two decades before finally giving in. She needed help.

"Park Chaeyoung!" Lisa shouted. She saw the blue and silver showers start to form in front of her. "No! I don't want to see you. Just listen."

The showers fizzled out sadly. Lisa felt a little guilty, she missed her. She missed her best friend, she even missed Jisoo despite how angry she was at her but she couldn't forgive them. She was still too hurt over losing Jennie. She felt like they could have prevented it if they had just listened, if they had just accepted her.

"Where is she?"

I can't tell you. Lisa heard Chaeyoung say into her mind.

"Why the hell not?!"

Because you're too powerful. This is your realm. She's meant to suffer and if you meddle, her sacrifice will be for nothing, the darkness will be unleashed again.

"I just want to see her! Be with her."

You can't see her because if you do you won't ever let what needs to happen, happen.

"I'll live beside her, watch over her quietly. I just want to make her life more bearable for her." Lisa begged. "I can be her friend. I can just be in her life like I was with Ella, our first human."

Except that you won't Lisa. I've seen it.

"Just like you saw her past? Just like you saw how she had been sacrificing herself this entire time for us too late?!" Lisa said derisively.

She knew it was a low blow. She knew it wasn't Chaeyoung's fault. She couldn't control her visions and the future was always changing, with one single choice from one single being everything could shift. Chaeyoung had explained it to them many times, how even a single butterfly landing on a human and making them pause to admire it instead of continuing to walk like the human originally intended could shift everything.

It got more complicated as time went on, as more sentient things were created. Lisa had always been in awe of how Chaeyoung could even handle that much changing knowledge all at once.

Don't you think I haven't tried to figure out how to get you two together! Chaeyoung shouted in her head. Lisa flinched a bit, she didn't think she had it in her to yell. I've spent just as much time sifting through all of your possibilities to figure out what would happen if I let you find her as you have spent searching for her! I hardly leave the realm! I've seen Jisoo maybe five times in the last two decades because I've been so busy trying to fix it. To help you both!

"So what, you're hiding her from me? Is that why I can't find her?!" Lisa growled angrily. Ignoring everything else her best friend said.

Chaeyoung didn't respond and it was all Lisa needed to know that it was true.