20

A/N

Back to demigod era! We in the 'present present' now.

______________

Lisa was leaning against Jennie's door as usual. Anytime she noticed that Jennie would go into her room, and of course she always noticed because ever since she realized she was truly in love with her, even without the ring, she noticed everything about her, even though Jennie had started avoiding her.

She had been waiting in her own room when she heard the door to Jennie's room open and close. She had planned to catch her before she left but Lisa paused, stopping herself reluctantly. She figured she'd probably only scare her away so she forced herself to stay in her own room and waited for her to come back from wherever Jennie was off to this time.

When Jennie finally did, Lisa waited to hear the door close again and finally left her own room. She leaned against Jennie's door, like she usually did, her sword at her side and at the ready, guarding Jennie religiously.

When Jennie had left Lisa at the palace after they visited the gates to Elysium and the Dominium Daemoniorum, Lisa had risked sneaking into her library. She looked around, she smiled at the well worn books and noticed the fresh new titles that Lisa figured Jennie may have not gotten to yet.

She found a book open in Jennie's little reading nook, the page was marked and Lisa swiped it, wanting to know what Jennie was reading.

She took it back to her room as she started it from the beginning, keeping Jennie's page marked. When she had heard Jennie go to her room she left her own and kept reading as she stood guard, leaning against Jennie's room door.

She wasn't much of a reader. She had never gotten the chance to be, considering all she did most of her life was vanquish evil spirits and demons.

This had been the first time she got the chance to really immerse herself into it and she had only really wanted to know what Jennie was reading but now she was invested. She had to admit, Jennie had good taste in books. Honestly, she hadn't expected any less.

She was so into it that she didn't even hear the noise, or the door opening abruptly. She fell back in a heap, just like she had the last time.

Jennie squeaked, startled from the sudden presence and made a fireball, then scowled and quickly extinguished it when she noticed it was just Lisa. She had freaked out for a second and thought maybe a demon had snuck into the palace. Especially considering she kept feeling that evil presence more and more these days. The presence that she'd been scouring the realm for every single day.

She hopped over Lisa, who was still crumpled on the floor and started walking away. Lisa closed the book and picked herself up so she could follow her. She'd already been caught anyway, and clearly Jennie was already trying to get away from her anyway so Lisa figured she might as well go for it.

"What you doin' today?" Lisa asked her, smiling hard because Jennie looked very, very pretty, dressed impeccably as was her usual. Lisa seriously wondered how Jennie was able to fight her war against evil spirits and demons in dresses and high heels, especially since she wasn't even allowed to kill them.

Lisa couldn't have done it, not in heels, which is why she opted for combat boots or this one human brand from the later times, Timberlands, that she really liked because they looked really nice and were very practical. She had snagged several pairs when she was sent to that time by the gods once.

Lisa always wore joggers and comfy baggy clothes because they allowed her to move better while she fought and here Jennie was, battling demons in cute tight dresses and sinfully high heels.