8

"Lisa?" Jennie looked around the waterfall cove. She was disappointed. Lisa wasn't there. Jennie hadn't seen her in about ten years since that last incident.

She was about to go back to her realm when Lisa appeared in a shower of gold.

Jennie swallowed, looking embarrassed.

Lisa looked at her intently. "I didn't think you would be back."

"I—I'm sorry. Do I not belong to you anymore?" Jennie asked meekly, dreading the answer. "Should I go?"

Lisa deflated immediately, going up to hug Jennie.

"Of course you still belong to me. I was just disappointed. You were supposed to come visit me more often remember? This is the longest you've ever taken in a while. I thought you weren't coming back."

"Yeah, I remember."

"Why didn't you come back sooner then?"

"Because, I wanted to be worthy." Jennie said, a little embarrassed.

"What do you mean Jennie?"

"I always get to experience your pretty realm, I didn't think it was fair. I was really happy—I know what that word means now—to belong to you. Then I told you that you didn't belong down in my own realm and you don't because you're you but all my life I felt like I didn't belong so it felt wrong to say that to you so I wanted to fix it."

"Its okay Jennie. I told you, I love your realm. Even if I didn't, I just want to see you. Why did you not come back for so long?"

"Because I was making something for you. I'm sorry I didn't come visit, but I wanted to get it right."

"What did you make?"

"I'll show you. Do you still want to come to the underworld?" Jennie asked, a little scared of the answer.

Lisa grinned. "Always."

For the first time in their entire existence, Jennie reached a hand out for Lisa to take her there. Lisa had made it to her realm before, finding the entrance because of the love she had for Jennie. Since Jennie wanted to hide, the entrance always changed but Lisa's yearning for her was too much for the power that was Jennie sometimes, and it would sometimes appear.

Now, Jennie was going to take her directly. Lisa gripped her hand, they burst in beautiful flames of black and red and gold.

Jennie looked down shyly when they got there. Afraid of seeing Lisa's reaction.

The underworld didn't have a sky. It was the underworld for a reason, so the underworld's sky was sharp obsidian rock. You could see the structures sometimes or just pitch black darkness in the distance when you looked up but Jennie had created golden clouds that wisped and sparkled above them in between them and the obsidian rock.

The most massive waterfall faced them, it was twenty times as wide and fifty times as long as the waterfall in Lisa's spot. The water that fell into the lake was black, but billions of golden flecks flowed in it and they glittered as the water rushed into a massive lake. The waves rushed to them, lapping at the black and gold sand they were standing on.

Jennie built several beautiful castles out of the obsidian rock cliffs. They were carved into the rock and perched above the water, Corinthian Greek columns holding them up. The columns and the castles were black but the accents of the ridges were gold. Columned bridges connected every castle that surrounded the lake. Moss grew on each castle and there were clusters of trees and lush green gardens surrounding the grounds of the castles. It was beautiful.