Arches and explosions

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's time for the finale you've all been waiting for. The awaited battle between the two young men who have risen themselves to the top of the UA sports festival." Present Mic announced

"On the right, we have the murder machine, the red eyed commander of explosions, Katsuki Bakugo"

"And the left the lightning fast green haired maniac of a challenger, Izuku Midoriya"

Izuku and Bakugo were grinning at each other as they entered the arena after Present Mic had called them out waiting for midnight to announce "BEEGIN"

Instinctively Izuku activated One For All and dodged an explosion launched towards him by Bakugo sending back a 15% St Louis smash air force which dispersed another explosion coming his way and blowing Bakugo back slightly. Bakugo kept launching explosions over and over towards Izuku which he dodged or dispersed using air force smashes. Bakugo then launched himself forward using one of his special moves, explosive speed with Izuku following suit with One For All launching themselves towards each other. Once Bakugo was close enough to Izuku he used another one of his special moves, Stun Grenade blinding Izuku and landing a punch on his face sending him to the ground. Izuku quickly picked himself up his vision still blurred but he could make out the silhouette of Bakugo landing not too far away from him.

He flared One For All to 18% as he jumped towards Bakugo who was already launching a series of explosions in a circular motion towards him creating the same tornado from earlier. Izuku prepared a Delaware smash at 15% as him and Bakugo got closer and closer to each other until they were both point blank range from each other. Izuku threw the smash and Bakugo ignited an explosion that was increased in power due to the oxygen and momentum gathered by the tornado he created. A large explosion appeared in the middle of the with Izuku and Bakugo flying left and right from it creating medium sized craters where they impacted.

They picked themselves up again and looked at each other once more grinning before rushing at each once more. Explosion was met by a very powerful punch as they got into a back and forth. Bakugo's hand crackled with explosions which he launched towards Izuku who dodged them and sent seven 20% OFA empowered punches which sent him flying back and crashing on the far end of the arena. Bakugo picked himself up half way to be met by a frontal spinning kick towards the back of his neck which sent him right back onto the floor. Izuku then dragged him by his arms spinning him around and throwing him into eh air. Bakugo blasted himself back towards Izuku before stopping midway and saying "Explosive machine gun" releasing multiple explosions towards Izuku who was struck by a few a dodged most.

They both then launched themselves towards one another and yet again punch was met explosion and punch back and forth for 20 minutes without once taking a break until both of the energies were fading.

"Let's just end it all...with one final attack"  Bakugo said between breaths

Izuku nodded in acknowledgment and jumped back from Bakugo who focused a compressed explosion in-between his hands even though it felt like his arms were tearing apart from all the strain, he pushed through going PLUS ULTRA. Izuku channeled One For All to 100% in his right arm. Simultaneously they shouted "DETROIT..." and "MAXIMUM..." "SMASH" "FIREPOWER

Bakugo released the condensed explosion creating a cluster of Explosions that destroyed the arena as it clashed for power with the shockwave created by Izuku's Detroit smash. The clash of power would have even harmed many civilians in the audience if it weren't for the pro heros situated there to protect them. The power struggle created a huge ball of light that blinded everyone who was watching and took the arena's place.

The light eventually dispersed and both Izuku and Bakugo were laying in a huge crater which had broken through the arena and not a single semblance of it was left. The winner couldn't be determined since the whole arena was destroyed so Midnight called it a tie.

Medics came to get the now unconscious Izuku and Bakugo with stretchers and take them to stretchers and take them to Recovery girl's office. After about 30 minutes Midnight was informed that Izuku and Bakugo weren't going to wake up for at least another 5-7 hours and Bakugo, maybe more so the tie breaker match would have to be held at a later date. The rest of UA's other grades had their sports Festivals afterwards

A few hours later

Izuku had just been discharged from the hospital he had been transferred to and his mom was waiting for him outside.

"Oh Izuku my baby, I'm so proud of you" Izuku's mother said tearfully while giving him her usual suffocating bear hug

"Thanks mom but I can't breathe"

Izuku and his mother went home and had supper which was Izuku favourite meal to celebrate his "Win"

The next day

It was a rainy day and Izuku had just gotten off the train. He was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of people that recognised him from the Sports Festival and was walking towards UA when Iida appeared beside him.

"Come on Midoriya, we have to be at least 10 minutes early for school" he said as he started running.

Once they got to school Izuku asked "Iida are you ok" in a worried tone as he remembered what he had heard had happened to Iida's brother on the news earlier in the morning

"If this is about my brother, then don't worry, he'll be ok" Iida said

"Ok but just know if you need someone to talk to I'll be here"

They got to class and waited for the others and Aizawa to arrive. When everyone eventually gathered all they were talking about was the sports Festival then Aizawa entered and they all went quiet.

"You're getting better at this" he said

"Today we're going to be discussing hero work studies"

"Bakugo won't be joining us today, he is still in hospital"

It had turned out that Bakugo had been pushing himself well above and beyond his limits to keep up with Izuku and had been put into a medically induced coma so his body would heal itself.

"As you know, the sports Festival is an event where hero students get scouted out by pro heroes for on field experience according to your performance in the sports Festival." Aizawa said turning on the class's projector and displaying the amount of pro that would like to recruit each member of class 1A.

The list:

Izuku Midoriya: 4283

Shoto Todoroki: 4120

Bakugo Katsuki: 4102

Fumikage Tokoyami: 360

Tenya Iida: 301

Denki Kaminari: 272

Momo Yayurozu: 106

Eijiro Kirishima: 97

Ochako Uraraka: 64

Hanta Sero:24

"In past years the list has been more diverse but the rest of you who weren't recruited will still have internships with other pro heroes. That's why today you'll be choosing your hero names. Be careful when you choose your hero name as that is what most civilians and heroes will refer to you as. I'm not good at these types of things so you'll have another pro hero teacher to help you choose your names." Aizawa said as a Midnight burst through the room shouting "HELLO CLASS 1A!!!"

Both Kaminari and Mineta were excited that they were going to be taught by Midnight for... reasons.

End