𝗪𝗛𝗔𝗧'𝗦 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗗 𝗨𝗣?/𝗬𝗘𝗦!/𝗣𝗥𝗘𝗚𝗡𝗔𝗡𝗧

Atlanta, GA
Fall, 1991

'Is It Good To You' by Heavy D and The Boyz was playing on the speaker

'Is It Good To You' by Heavy D and The Boyz was playing on the speaker. Me, Bobby and his family was their home in Atlanta, playing cards as the kids played around the house

"Ooh, you about to get set," I smirked as I looked at my cards.

"Who?" Bobby asked. "You." I pointed at him.

"Uh-uh." He looks back at his cards. "Not in this lifetime. I haven't set since I was three years old." Bobby states as he turns to me.

"You have not played this since you were three years old." I narrowed my eyes at him then laughed.

"We start early in Boston." He states. I laid my head on his arm laughing. "Same for Oakland." I tilted my head. Bobby's parents laughed at our childishness, I went back to my seat.

"What you looking at partner?" Bobby's sister asked as she looked at her cards.

"Maybe a four, and a possible, I think." I moved the cards in my hands.

"Hmm," Bobby sips his drink and sets it down then faces me. "Four and a possible?" He looks at me crazy.

"Girl, you've been underbidding all game, are you thinking about to-"

"I know what I'm doing, Bobby. This ain't my first time playing." I shrugged.

"Whatever, don't let him psych you out, girl," Tina tells me.

"Girl, I ain't worried about him." I winked as I chuckled.

"Tina, you on my team." Bobby reminds her.

"Okay, so you want to bid, okay. Let me show you, let me show you, let me show you," I leaned forward a little. "Oh wait, I gotta make a phone call." I slammed my cards down and got off my seat.

"Uh-uh, you forfeit." He points at me.

"No, hell no!" I yelled. "Coop, come on, come play my hand, please?" I asked her. Everyone was laughing as Bobby told his sister that she couldn't for me.

"Man, you cheating," Bobby said as I passed my cards over to Coop.

"How am I cheating?" I pointed to myself.

"Coop, can play," Bobby answered. I leaned towards Bobby and smiled.

"I know, that's why I asked her." I tilted my head as I kissed his cheek. I went out of the living room to go to their house phone that was in the den.

"Hurry up!" I heard him call. "I will!" I laughed as I went to call my mother to check up on her.
~~~~~~

"So, what's the hold up?" Miss. Carole asked as she waited for Kylea to leave the room.

"With what?" Bobby asked as he looked at his deck of cards.

"What she mean is what the hell is taking you so long?" His sister clarified.