𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗧𝗡𝗘𝗬'𝗦 𝗕𝗜𝗥𝗧𝗛𝗗𝗔𝗬 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧𝗬

Atlanta, GA-1989
Kylea's Place

I was sitting by the pool of my condo where you could see all of Atlanta. MCA Records gifted it for me for my 19th birthday a few months ago, one of the housekeepers that comes over weekly hands me the mail. "Miss. James."

"Thank you." I gave her a smile as I take off my sunglasses, she goes back to work inside. I went through my mail, it was bills, fan mail, and one from Whitney's people. I opened that one and took out a violet colored invitation.

It was for Whitney's 26th birthday party, and it was addressed at her place in New Jersey. I sat the mail by the small table beside me and sighed. "Looks like I'm going to Mendham." I got up and went to grab some clothes for the party.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
August 8th, 1989
Mendham, NJ
Whitney's place

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~August 8th, 1989Mendham, NJWhitney's place

Once the driver pulls up to Whitney's estate, it was packed. I walked out the car and fixed my hair up a bit and took a breath.

I went inside to see the party was in full swing, some celebrities was there too, people dancing having fun. One of the waiters offered me some champagne. I grabbed one from the tray and took a sip.

"Kylea James!" Whitney screams in delight as she runs over to me and gives me a huge hug. "Happy Birthday, Whitney," I told her as we pull away. "Thank you, sweetheart."

"I'm glad you made it," She says with a huge smile on her face. "Thank you for the invite," I say before taking a look around her large living room. "This a whole lot of house."

"It's gets even bigger," She replies back. "Even better with Robyn as my roommate."

"Hey, Robyn, look who came by!" She calls her friend. Robyn turns her head and raises her glass. "She was my best friend since I was 16. She runs my businesses." Whitney tells me with a smile. "We've just moved in, been building it for a while, and..."

"Have you seen the entire house?" I asked with a laugh.

"Not quite yet, but I know I have a movie theater and a recording studio and I have an incredible view of town." She replies.

I nod my head with a smile, Whitney moves her head to the side and squeals in joy. "Bobby Brown!" I winced covering my ear. "You made it!" She runs to Bobby and gives him a huge hug. I turned my body to them confused.

Bobby came with a blue silk shirt, jeans and boots with his crown chain and rings, he even had a beer bottle in his hand.

"Yeah, well, I was in the neighborhood, you know." Bobby say making Whitney laugh. "Happy birthday." He tells her.

"That's so sweet," Whitney says with a smile.

"Yea, sweet." I spoke up with a fake smile.

"Roni," He chuckled as he walked over to me and wraps his arm around my shoulder. "I didn't know you was coming." He kissed my temple.