Chapter Eighteen

When I passed out I was expecting darkness. I was expecting to die. And I would have. If it weren't for Naomi.

Her office slowly appeared around me and I was standing in front of her desk.

"Hello (y/n)."

She said, looking up from her desk to look up at me.

I crossed my arms. "Hello Naomi."

"You have fought a great battle."

I nodded my head. I knew this was the end of my human life.

"You died twice. And became a demon. Just to save humanity from Lucifer. Your sacrifices were unimaginable. You killed Lucifer, (y/n). Something god couldn't even do."

"So, why do you bring all this up?"

"Originally, I was going to put you in heaven. But I realize you've created bonds with these humans. And you might want to stay with them. You can get your status as angel back and visit them, or stay human."

I knew she definitely didn't want me to stay human. But, to be honest, I didn't want to live forever. I wanted to fight monsters and grow old with Dean.

Dean. I had to go back so I could assure him I was okay.

"I want to stay human."

She sighed and leaned forward in her chair. "Your realize your giving yourself a death sentence. You're life will be very short."

"I know. To be honest I'm tired of living for centuries. I fell in love with being human, Naomi. And those humans saved me. They took me in and helped me through this. Hell, I fell in love with Dean."

She sighed again. "Once you die you wont be given this offer again. You'll end up in your own personal heaven just like every other human. Even if you change your mind when your human."

"And what about my demon, uh, qualities?"

"Theyre mostly gone. You wont even notice they're still there. Only if you get extremely mad will the effects of your demonism show."

I smiled. "I know we aren't on good terms, but thank you for helping me out right now."

She smiled back. "You're welcome. Now, I'll send you back."

She snapped her fingers and I woke up in my bedroom in the bunker. No one was in my room. I sat up and looked over at the nightstand.

There was a note waiting there for me. I grabbed it and opened it. It was from Dean.

Dear (y/n),

Cass had informed us that you've been talking with Naomi. And that you have a choice to stay in heaven or stay human. Either one you choose, I'll support you. If you decided to come back to us, come to the garage.

Love, Dean.

I set the note down and left the room. I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water, then I went to the garage.

I walked in and was greeted by Sam and Cass.

They both hugged me.

"I knew you would stay." Sam said.

The hug ended and I looked up at Sam. "Where is Dean?"

"We'll show you."

I followed them out into the grass field outside of the bunker and was greeted by Christmas lights everywhere. They looked amazing cause it was night time.

I saw Dean and ran up to him and gave him a huge hug.

"Your back." He said into my hair.

"I am. Is he really dead?"

"He is."

I pulled away and smiled at him. I couldn't believe I got all this back.

"So, whats with the lights and everything?"

A huge grin spread across his face and he went fishing through his pocket to find something.

Once I saw the little black box I instantly knew what was happening.

He was proposing.

He got down on one knee and opened the box. He didn't even need to say anything and I didn't need to look at the ring before I said yes. I wrapped my arms around him and started tearing up.

"Did you even look at the ring?" He asked, chucking at the same time.

"I don't need to. But I would like to."

He showed it to me and I smiled even bigger.

It was a black ring, with green gems in it.

"It's beautiful."

He slid it on my ring finger and I hugged him again.

"Alright you two, that's enough. Now it's time for a group celebration!" Sam said.

We all went into the kitchen and grabbed all the alcohol we could find and ate junk food and drank.

I told them about my demon abilities and they told me how Lucifer was actually dead.

I was the happiest I had ever been all because of Dean.