Chapter 10

Two weeks later:

We decided to host the masquerade ball and we're inviting everyone. I mean like every vampire, werewolf, and witch is invited. We want to welcome all species. It's now early in the morning I'm out in the garden watering the plants. I'm struggling to lean down to water the flowers. I sound like an old woman. I suddenly feel very light headed and I stumble a bit. I close my eyes and then open them back up to feel hard almost slimy wet scales on my back. Ladon. I get my footing and turn around to face him, and I can tell he looks worried.

"I'm fine, I promise," I say rubbing his head and he huffs at me. I roll my eyes. He then starts staring at my... stomach? Is he okay?

"Why are you staring?" I say with my hands on my hips and he gets impossibly close to my stomach.

"What??!" I ask him and Cassius walks out with the shovel he's finally found out in the shed. He's going to help me plant some daisies and dip up the dirt. We were going to try to make the castle presentable for the guests this weekend.

Cassius looks at how Ladon is out of the water and furrows his eyebrows. He looks at how close Ladon is to me and his eyes widen huge, and I don't really know why.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?!!" I complain and I'm extremely annoyed at the moment.

"No, she can't be! It's impossible," Cas says to Ladon out loud they must have been talking through their link.

I look in front of me at Ladon and he nuzzled my stomach. He looks me in my eyes and realization hits me finally. It all makes since.

"You're pregnant, Ari!" Cassius says running over to me in a gentle hug.

"I'm pregnant?" I ask to make sure I heard right.

Ladon nods his head and Cas says, "yes, you are."

"Ladon, just said he'll protect the queen and prince/princess." I smile at him and he nods at me then goes back into the lake around the castle.

Cassius holds my arms out and looks me in my eyes.
"I never thought I could have a child because vampires cannot procreate. But I assume since I was born as a vampire and you as a full blooded werewolf. It was possible! Aria, we are parents!!" He happily says while picking me up to spin me around and I laugh.

"This is shocking but I'm thrilled to become a parent! I've always dreamt of becoming the best mom in the world, now I can," I smile and he kisses my cheek.

"All the mornings, I've been throwing up makes a whole lot of sense now. I didn't think we were able to have a child so I dismissed that fact." I say shrugging my shoulders.

"What! You didn't tell me you were throwing up?" He asks with a frown.

"I know it's just I've always been independent well I mean, I had too. I just didn't want you to see me like that." I say.

"I get it, but I'm always here for you so don't you forget that," he says kissing my forehead and I smile.

"I know," I say gazing up into his blue eyes.

"I just can't but help wonder what this little bean is? Vampire or werewolf?" I ask curiously

"Or maybe both, perhaps?" Cassius says looking down at my stomach then back up in my eyes.

"Wow, our kid could be the first ever of its kind ," I say with shock and worry.

"Could most likely be but we will figure that out when the time is near. Don't want to stress out about it," Cassius calms my nerves.

"Okay," We both have our foreheads together and Cassius puts his hand on my stomach.

"Woah!" I felt a kick in my stomach when he placed his hand there.

"Did you feel that!?" Cassius asks and looks up in my eyes with a surprised/happy smile.

"Yeah, our kid is a little fighter!" I say laughing. Cassius laughs with me and starts talking to my stomach.

"I wonder when we will know it's gender and how far along you are?" He asks me.

"Well, we can just go to the doctor in town," I suggest.

"Are you sure that's safe?" He asks worriedly.

"Cas, I'm pretty sure we will be fine," I say to him walking inside. I love how protective he already is of our little one on the way.

"Alright, but I'm driving." He announces.

"No doubt you weren't. I'm gonna go change," I say throwing him his keys.

"Do you need any help?" He asks with ulterior motives. He's such a tease.

"Haha real funny," I say walking off to our room.

"I'll be waiting." He says loudly.

I go in the closet and decide to pick a red off the shoulder dress. I come back out and Cassius opens the car door for me. We drive to town where just a human OBGYN is and we make our appointment. Thankfully, their was an opening for us.

"I'm so excited!" I squeeze Cassius's hand excitedly.

"So am I," he kisses my cheek and I smile.

Our nurse take us to a room and the doctor comes in minutes later. Her name is Dr. Bailey, she puts a cold, wet ultrasound gel on my stomach. And then that's when we hear it our babies little heart beat.

"Congratulations, y'all are having a baby!" Dr. Bailey announces. I think Cassius is so happy and shocked that he's just staring at the screen. I know this means the world to him and it means everything to me because I want our kid to live in a loving, happy, and most importantly safe home.

"Ms. Persson you are 14 weeks pregnant." I look at her like she's crazy. Has it really been that long I've  been pregnant without realizing? Wait that's means we can figure out it's gender!! Oh and we decided that I'd take his last name because I'm no longer and will never be Aria Johnson from here on out.

"Would y'all like to find out the gender?" She asks and I look at Cassius.

I nod my head and he says, "yes, we'd love to know," he replies graciously. The doctor smiles and steps out of the room.

She comes back with the print out sonogram of our little bean and the baby is adorable, even if it's barely visible!

She shows us the baby on the monitor and points to its tiny head and says, "Alright, y'all are having..

"A beautiful little baby boy!" The doctor excitedly announces to us and Cassius looks in my eyes with such joy. It was in this moment, I knew how much of a great father he will be to our little boy. Wow, crazy saying that I'm going to be a mom to a baby boy! I already love him unconditionally.

Like and comment ;)