page one and two.

Prologue

Every young girl dreams of the life of fame. Maybe being an actress, sports star or model. For me, it was being a singer.

It was a long shot. I always knew this, but I still scribbled lyrics on every napkin and sang in the shower, because it was a dream.

People would sacrifice anything to fulfil their dreams. They'd leave behind their families, change their hair and their clothes and who they are. They'd make a deal with the devil.

From an outsiders point of view, it would be easy for you to judge a celebrity. You can laugh about their style, shame their bodies for gaining or losing too much weight, or comment on how 'fame has changed them'.

You don't know our stories. You don't see what is behind the curtains. You see what we have lost and earned, not what we've had to sacrifice to succeed.

The story you are about to read is not one of joyous occasions. I would like to open your eyes to the harsh world of the music industry. I want you to hear my story.

My name is Lowen, and this is my journey. This is how you know my name. This is me.

Dedications

This book is dedicated first and foremost, to myself. Secondly to my therapist - here's that journal you told me to keep, hope you enjoy this, Barbara.