11

Elijah's stupid comment about my future and lifestyle was a real stab to the gut

Elijah's stupid comment about my future and lifestyle was a real stab to the gut. Only he could manage to rain on my parade like this. He calls me immature, yet when I open up and be kind to him, he throws it back into my face.

A fact that broke my heart more after I double checked, was that he said he was on chapter seven. If he's lying, he's lying about reading my book. If he's telling the truth, he's already got the basic idea of what touring was really like for me, as well as those 'rock star boyfriends'.

He makes me feel stupid for having fun or being happy, and I hate that. I just completed my manuscript for god's sake, I should be celebrating, or at least have a smile on my face.

I went back to Fitzgerald Publishing with him, but made a statement of not speaking, and quickly closing Sam's door behind me, not wanting Elijah to have another say.

"I finished it!" I beamed, as my back pressed into the door to close it.

"Well done!" He smiled, genuinely. "I knew you'd do it - ahead of schedule too." And for a moment I forgot about what an arse Elijah is, because someone was happy for me.

"Thank you." I sighed. "It's such a relief to get it done."

As much as I wanted to call Jessica the second I typed 'The End', I held off. I left her with strict instructions to catch up on her classes today, which included attending two lectures. She's so amazing but with the way she's helping me achieve my dreams, she's losing sight of hers.

Seating myself in front of his desk, I had to stop myself from throwing all my ideas at him.
"I am so sorry, I just barged in on you, I can wait if you're busy-"

"Don't worry, I was just following up some things, they can wait. Hit me." He folded his hands on the desk and I could tell he was excited to listen. Although I'm just another one of his clients, I really see him as a friend, and I know Jessica does too.

"I had an idea, for the back of the book."

I pulled out my laptop and notepad. Flicking to a page, I showed him a layout idea. "I'll of course have the blurb, but I was thinking for the background, it could be a faint version of a picture from our photoshoot. One of the ones where I'm actually laughing, because I look so serious on the front."

Jessica sent me all the 'bloopers' from our photoshoot, and despite me wanting to kill Elijah at the time, the pictures portray a different story.

"That's a great idea." He smiled, looking through the images on my phone. "What about this one?"

Coincidentally, he stopped on my favourite one. I'm sat sideways, with my legs hanging over one of the arm rests while my back leans on the other. Elijah rests his arms on top of my 'throne'. I'm pretty sure this photo was taken after our shoot, and he was secretly resting his arms. I knew he was tired from holding up the mic, no matter what he says to disagree.