Chapter 1: Yazmina

Yazmina roared as she swung her sword, she moved quickly and sliced the two serpentine guards in half, their snake like bodies fell as black blood began to ooze from their torsos.

She turned to face the rest of the serpentine hoard that were slinking their way down a twisted corridor that led to the great room which was littered with serpentine guards that had been sliced and diced.

Yazmina steadied herself, adjusted her grip on her mithril sword and got ready for the horde that approached with an echoing hiss. 

"Princess move"!!! yelled Valanos, the captain of her personal army, he moved towards Yazmina grabbed her cloak and yanked her back, he wrapped his arm around her waist and swung her around, he shielded her with his body as he felt the burning sensation begin to seep into his feet, he shuffled with Yazmina in front of him.

She was struggling against his hold trying to get back to the hissing sound that was growing closer. Valanos winced with pain as he used his foot which was now smoking as well as burning to shut the big wooden door behind them.

Yazmina broke out of Valanos grip and looked at him furiously "what the fuck V, why did you stop me?" she asked in a tone of annoyance.

I had this she thought to herself, I know what I'm doing I'm Princess Yazmina, protector and guardian, daughter of King Yaznik ruler of  Daemonez the demon realm and all factions that reside within the realm. "Answer me now V" Princess Yazmina demanded.

Valanos limped over to Yazmina and went to one knee, "forgive me my princess, but I saw the serpentine blood beginning to spill as you sliced open one of the guards it was flowing among the cracks in the floor it had almost reached your foot, I couldn't allow that" he explained as he raised his head to look his princess in the eye.

Yazmina let out an inaudible gasp, if the serpentine blood would have touched her it would have burned through her, any parts of her body that the black blood touched would blister and blacken eventually sloughing off in ashes along with whatever limb the skin was attached too.

Yazmina realized that she owed the captain of her personal army, he had saved her life. She looked down at the captain and said with her hand out to help him up "ummmm ya, sorry I forgot about that, looks like I owe you."

Valanos accepted Yazmina's hand and stood up with a wince "I'll add it to your tab" he said to Yazmina with a smirk on his face. Yazmina watched with worry as he limped over to the men waiting by their horses, he moved his way to the supply wagon and sat down.

He carefully removed his boot which had holes burned through the supple leather covered in metal plating, he carefully removed his wool sock that also had burns throughout, he was surprised to find that his skin had just the slightest red mark it had burned so much.

He absently rubbed his foot as he watched Yazmina talking and laughing with her soldiers and mused to himself about his tenacious princess who he would die for.

Yazmina flopped down on her soft feather bed she knew she should have removed her armour but she was too tired, it had taken them five days to trek back from the deep jungle and the road was not kind.

Rain pelted them on their second day and they had already left the canopy of the deep jungle and were on the barren road so named for the lack of anything green or even growing along this stretch of road.

When they finally made it back her lands it had started to grow cold and although she was a Dominon demon and was impervious to any hot or cold her soldiers were not and most of them had developed a cough or a sniffle.

She sat up and began to remove her mithril breast plate and mithril gauntlets, she looked at her hands and noticed that her claws were looking shabby, she made a mental note to summon the coiffeur to attend to this after she took a soak in her deep marble tub. She debated on having her satelings join her and they could scrub her clean everywhere she demanded them to and she could use them to relax and ease all her tensions from the past two weeks.