Chapter 3: King Yaznik

King Yaznik sat on his chair looking at his two demonlings, his daughter Yazmina who would rather be off fighting and fucking than be sitting here, he guessed she was doing the latter due to her clothes or lack there of and Yazus his boy, the one who would carry on the Dominion name through demons sons of his own if he only could stop being so serious and formal all the time.

Yaznik thought of the little demonling who used to follow his father around holding onto his tail and giggling as he slid him across the floor and now sat a serious and unsmiling young demon, his horns never faded from their midnight black, horns would often lighten or darken when demons felt strong emotions but Yazus horns never changed.

His daughter Yazmina however, well she was a different story altogether he thought, her horns were also black but they had gold spiralling throughout them so much like her mothers and seem to change when she was very angry or very sad, Yaznik had to admit he only saw her sad horns once, the day her beloved mother passed away, her angry horns however he was familiar with, the gold that ran through her horns would glow red and when that happened nothing good followed.

When King Yaznik looked at his demonlings eyes he couldn't help but think of their mother, his mate, his one true love. Zarrisus was a beautiful creature, one of the most glorious demons he had ever laid eyes on. The day he found out she wanted to be his mate he was ecstatic, they had been together since they were young demonlings, although they were just friends at first it grew into something more.

When they were both in their mid centuries their playing changed, now when Yaznik chased her and caught her he touched her all over rubbing his hands over her swelling breasts and playing with her nipples until he could feel the heat from Zarrisus horns beckoning him to claim her, the first time she opened her legs and welcome him into her he was hooked, utterly in love and forever hers.

The day she died so did his heart, he swore he could feel it shut off and stop beating, being an immortal meant he could survive without a beating heart but he would never have one again after that day, when a demon lost their one true mate they lost their heart, their life is immortal but their heart is forever shut off.

Left on his own with two young demonlings Yaznik did the best he could, he had his most loyal servants attend to their every needs and see to their education, he would occasionally request for them to join him for a meal but most time they ate in their quarters alone. Yaznik looked back at those days and felt regret, but his grief at losing his heart and the one who owned it was too much for him to bear let alone to see her beloved eyes every time he looked at his demonlings.

He shook the past out of head and straightened in his chair he had important matters to discuss with his demonlings and he couldn't get distracted now, at times he noticed his mind wandered more as if fighting to live in the past, this was unacceptable he was King Yaznik, leader of the Dominion clan, ruler and guardian of the Demonez realm and all demon factions within the realm.

He braced himself and began to speak, he opened his mouth to say something then closed it when he looked at his demonlings,. Yazmina had now moved on to braiding strands of her hair and Yazus sat there with his head down, was he sleeping? Yaznik was not impressed this was not the behaviour he had expected from a prince and princess. He summoned his authoritative demon voice and boomed loudly " PAY ATTENTION".

King Yaznik enjoyed the way the prince and princess snapped to attention, they both looked like a beast caught in the fire light, shocked and alert, now that he knew they had their attention he began to speak in his normal tone "I've called you guys here at this hour because what I am about to tell you can not be revealed when it is light and the castle is busy".

Yaznik started his revelation with the  serpentines that Yazmina faced not even one moon ago, he didn't believe that they got there on their own, the stealth demons that patrolled the realm and the borders of  their land would surely have caught them before they got as far as the abandoned temple at the edge of the realm, he could only conclude that they were brought in with a demon of this realm, which means "there is a traitor among us" he concluded.