IV

Hanahaki:
A fictional illness in which a person bearing an unrequited love coughs up flower petals until they die or their feelings are reciprocated.

×××××

I had dried my hair and was about to head out of the bedroom when I heard Yuna shriek loudly. "WHAT THE FUCK!!"

I dashed down to the kitchen only to see my boyfriend and my girl-friend quarreling like cats and dogs.

"Am I the one at fault when you're the one who's wearing my girlfriend's clothes?"

"Guys stop!" I screamed over their voices.

"Babe?" "Y/n?" Jungkook and Yuna said, respectively. "Who's this?" they asked together, pointing at each other.

"Jungkook, this is Yuna, my childhood friend. Yuna, this is my boyfriend, Jungkook. Now, does that settle everything?"

"This pervert is your boyfriend?" said Yuna.

"Excuse me? Do you­­-"

"GUYS! STOP IT!" I declared.

~~~

And so, after clearing their misconceptions about each other and having an awkward dinner, everything was back to normal.

"Why did you have to give her your clothes? I looked like a total creep, hugging her like that, thinking it was you!" he said, trying hard to shrug off the embarrassment he was feeling right now, while I couldn't help but laugh. "Don't laugh! She even tried to slap me but I ducked just in time!" He had turned tomato red by now, which was even funnier. "Gosh I'm so embarrassed right now." He put his face in my bosom, hiding his flushed face.

"It's okay, Kook, you're never gonna see her anyways," I giggled.

"Umm..yeah."

Only if I could remove my blindfold of love and see his hesitance.

~~~

Soon it was the last day of my one month long vacation and I was preparing myself to resume work the night before.

"My baby looks happy," Jungkook said as he entered the bedroom after a shower. "And healthy." He gave me a back hug.

It was true. I had gotten really better in the span of those 30 days. I had plenty of sleep, proper meals and even worked out regularly! As a result, I had gained back a little weight, my eyes didn't look weary or restless, my skin glowed and my stress levels were almost zero. Basically, I was out of the zombie apocalypse.

"That I am," I answered Jungkook and craned my neck to kiss his cheek.

"I see. So, finally ready for work?"

"More than that."

[Three months later]

I was again overworking. And the state I had three months ago was gone. I was retransforming into a zombie. I returned home late that night, only to find Jungkook cooking in the kitchen as always.

"Welcome home baby," he cooed.

"Hey Kook." I slowly trudged to the living room and dropped down on the couch.

"Again meeting deadlines?" he guessed. I didn't answer, because I knew he knew and also I was too exhausted to reply back. "Y/n?" he called out for me.

He walked to the living room, only to find me lying limp on the couch, making light snores. "Gosh, this girl." He picked me up, carrying me to the bedroom.

~~~

"Kook?" I opened my eyes. "I fell asleep on the couch again, didn't I?"

He pressed his chin down as a yes. "Now tell me, how are you going to live like this? I didn't ask you to quit for nothing, did I?"