IX

Hanahaki:
A fictional illness in which a person bearing an unrequited love coughs up flower petals until they die or their feelings are reciprocated.

×××××

"Of course, Yoongi," Jimin patted his shoulder and left the cabin after paying his fees.

~~~

We came back home, I was silent, and Jimin spent his tireless mouth in convincing me that he might be just joking.

"It's not funny Jimin-ssi. I know you're trying to cheer me up, but it isn't working," I slapped those words in his face, which were bound to aggravate him. After all he had wasted so much in convincing me.

"You're so unappreciative!" he bursted back at me. "You can't be happy, I get it. But at least learn to acknowledge the efforts someone is showing for you!"

"Are you doing me a favour by trying to cheer me up?"

"Well technically I am."

"Well technically it's not even working."

"Well because technically you're a bore! No wonder your ex chose another woman!" Jimin spat.

I stood looking at him, wide-eyed. Also hurt. It wasn't supposed to matter much, for he was a stranger to me, but still my heart shrunk at his words. It was like he had sprinkled salt over my open wounds.

"T-thank you, for letting me know," I said somehow, my demeanor suffering a blow.

I walked to the kitchen, to reheat the leftover food that lay untouched earlier- before we ran to the clinic. Jimin, on the other hand, was in the bedroom, getting out of his office wear.

I readied the table for him, served food only on his plate and started doing the dishes. His hurtful words were enough to make me full and lose my appetite. He walked out later in his comfort clothes, and sat at the dining table, waiting. Surprisingly, for me. When I finished doing the dishes, I headed for the bedroom.

"Y/n, when are you going to have dinner? I'm very hungry," he said.

"Well I have served you and done the dishes as well. That's my payback for the medicines and advice you got me from the doctor," I said as I went in. I was going to close the door, when Jimin put a foot in between, stepping inside.

"Why are you not eating?" he asked.

"Because I'm full."

"No you're not. I saw you have made food for the both of us."

"Well then, suppose, I don't want to eat it."

"What?" he scoffed. "You're such a drama queen!"

"Yeah, go on, say that's why he cheated on me."

"I wasn't going to say that."

"Well only because I told it first."

"No!"

"Yes."

"NO!" Jimin fumed.