XVI

Hanahaki:
A fictional illness in which a person bearing an unrequited love coughs up flower petals until they die or their feelings are reciprocated.

×××××

"Jimin-ssi please don't kiss me!" I said with my eyes shut tight. 

A second passed, nothing happened. I slowly opened one of my eyes and that's when Jimin quickly put my feet to the ground. Though he tried to make it rough, my feet gently landed on the floor. 

I observed him, his jaw was clenched tight. I knew it was the wrong time. I also knew knew what I was supposed to say. I should've been saying it that very moment, but my ego didn't let my tongue budge for a sorry. So I tried to make my way in without one.

"Jimin-ssi I—"

"You are so unbelievable," he spat at me.

"I..I didn't mean it."

Ignoring my effort to ease the situation he said,"Now I know what you think of me." He sighed."I was a fool to think you needed help, when in reality I should've left you to your fate."

To be honest, it was fueling my anger. But I did not burst, maybe because somewhere in my heart I knew I was wrong. So I let him continue, let him vent out his feeling of indignation. I owed him some patient ears.

"Had I wanted to take advantage of your situation, I would've done that way earlier," he simply stated, leaving me in a state of awe. For he meant last night.

Having said so, Jimin stormed out of the bedroom, leaving me to myself. A weird feeling tugged at my heart. I was beginning to think that…he wasn't what I thought of him.

"Y-You're leaving now?" I said, feeling the guilt grow.

"What does it look like to you?" he said from the kitchen.

"Okay, you are," I said nonchalantly and closed the bedroom door to get dressed hurriedly. Then I picked up the papers that had scattered on the floor. 

When I came out, I had expected a deserted living room, but instead I saw a plate of hot pancakes resting on the table in place of the cereal bowl and a sulky Jimin combing his hair into the mirror.

"You didn't leave?" I asked.

"I am leaving," he said rudely.

I then glanced at the clock. It was 10:25. Panic began to fill in me, I was supposed to reach by ten. I quickly dashed to the dining table and pulled out the chair for myself, only to stub my toe at its leg.

I howled, jumping on one leg.

"What the.." said Jimin when he saw me dancing. He then looked at the clock and realized waking me up late was a bad idea for his revenge.

Still sulking, he made the howling me sit on the chair, who was massaging her toe for some relief. Jimin then picked up the pancake plate and then cut a bite-size, piercing it with his fork. As I watched, he slowly brought the fork to my mouth. 

"Eat," he said coldly. My glance kept dancing from the fork to his stoic face, which made him say,"Do you speak human?"

On realizing what I had been doing, I hesitantly took a bite."Faster," he said, forking another piece and feeding it into my mouth. One by one, I gulped down the morsels he gave me, my brain unable to process the new emotions coursing through my veins.

After I was done, he took the plate in his still sulky mood and put it in the sink. While I just stood there, seeing him make the next move.

"Your file," he mumbled and continued doing some non-urgent work, which his awarding winning acting made look important.